Glencoe Camping

Where you've been and what you done
Steve T

Glencoe Camping

Post by Steve T »

600 Alp - Loaded test run

Well, after over 400 miles since yesterday morning, I think I can safely say that the 21 year old Alp is fairly sorted. Took a 120 mile run over to the Red Squirrel camp site at Glencoe Saturday morning and met up with a fellow Alp rider.

The Red Squirrel camp site

Said our farewells early Sunday morning, the man heading home via Glencoe and me heading for home via Forts Bill & Augustus and Inverness

Apparently, according to Google maps, the filming of Hagrids hut occurred reet close to the campsite . . .
Site of Hagrids Hut . . .allegedly

Steve T

8-)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Tramp

Re: Glencoe Camping

Post by Tramp »

Recognise the old ta650 is that craig who does doggy stuff :lol: ...if so im glad he still haz the bike and is enjoying life , was a real nice guy..

Good pics too..
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Spot on Tramp.

61k miles so far he's covered on the bike, and yesterday I became the 1st person to ride it since he bought it. Still prefer the 600 version :mrgreen:

Steve T

8-)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
herman

Post by herman »

Tramp wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:06 pm Recognise the old ta650 is that craig who does doggy stuff :lol: ...if so im glad he still haz the bike and is enjoying life , was a real nice guy..

Good pics too..
Beat me to it...say hello Steve 8-)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I can remember them filming Harry Potter near there, when I was up for the pre65 trial one year, the Clachaig Inn was full of arty farty film types you couldn't get a table for a meal.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Tink

Post by Tink »

👍🍻... Great bikes
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

i use to have a 700 alp was a good bike and did everything good and a bombproof engine.just lacked something for me,but still a great bike.see you at strontian on friday.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Was up there a couple of years, but I'm not a rufty tufty biker, so used the pods here:

https://www.invercoe.co.uk/micro-lodges-in-glencoe/

Lucky to have not too bad weather, and a dusting of snow on the hills, your great pictures are making me make some plans!
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Nice pics--hopefully up that way later in the year. Nice to see the Alp being used (I have a 96 600)--it does seem that everyone likes them, but moves on. I'm new to the Alp from a Tiger 1050 and I reckon the Alp is a better bike all round--certainly handles better. It may not "appear" to have the go because the engine is so smooth--but in reality its more than adequate and how many people ride at 3/4 throttle and above?--I certainly could not on the Triumph. There is an old saying which relates smiles to how much you can twist the throttle--and the Alp delivers in a fuss free manner and I find it a nice place to sit. Its done a couple of camping trips already this year and I find it loads well and just eats the miles.
Transalp bashplate prototype out of mould and fitted 15 April 2019 (10).JPG
Transalp bashplate prototype out of mould and fitted 15 April 2019 (10).JPG (77.78 KiB) Viewed 3168 times
Transalp bashplate prototype out of mould and fitted 15 April 2019 (1).JPG
Transalp bashplate prototype out of mould and fitted 15 April 2019 (1).JPG (87.42 KiB) Viewed 3168 times
Last edited by catcitrus on Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Thanks for posting Steve, a beautiful part of the world. And pass on my best wishes to Craig.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”