A day on the TET Section 9 France

Where you've been and what you done
Sanqhar

Re: A day on the TET Section 9 France

Post by Sanqhar »

Hi

What tyres are you using? They don’t look that extreme. How are you finding them?

Tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...
WillS

Post by WillS »

Sanqhar wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:41 pm Hi

What tyres are you using? They don’t look that extreme. How are you finding them?

Tom
I fitted the TKC 80 some 6000 km ago just after buying the bike. They don't look extreme as they are well used!! :lol:
It had fitted when I bought it, Michelin Enduro Competition, these were what I call extreme, great off-road but really not so good on road between the trails.
The TKC 80 I have used on a number of large and small bikes and found them a good compromise for on / off-road. They really work well on the CRF250L. But tyres are a very interesting topic when reading the posts in the forum.
So it's really down to personal choice, I am sure many other tyres work well on the CRF..
Hope that helps.
Will
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Thanks for sharing Will,

As much as I love photos of motorbikes its the photos of food that are really appealing these day. I'm becoming greedy!

Bren
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
aliwakeskate

Post by aliwakeskate »

Great stuff Will! Looks cracking.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Brenhden wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:25 am Thanks for sharing Will,

As much as I love photos of motorbikes its the photos of food that are really appealing these day. I'm becoming greedy!

Bren
That is not greedy, more the sign of a man who as he "matures" appreciates some of the finer things in life beyond several pints followed by a ropey curry or kebab!

A fine piece of baking is something to be savoured. Personally, I absolutely love our home made Anzac biscuits, but they are not really able to compete with top flight choux pastry....
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

WillS wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:33 pm Another great day on the TET Section 9 France.
Arranged to meet up with Graham on his TTR 250 in Lourdes, we picked up the TET Section 9 in as it crossed over the river Gave de Pau....

The section we rode was a good mix of trails with some tarmac roads in between.

Total km 180, and 8€ spent on fuel!! A great day on the CRF250L

Sounds like you are the man to see for local knowledge Will :)

Sounds like you are the man to see for local knowledge Will :) As sadly, my mid May Portugal ACT trip fizzled out and there are no bloody ferries to Spain available, I'm thinking France and the TET, or some bits of it...
WillS

Post by WillS »

[quote=SteveR post_id=640112 time=1556635194 user_id=2400]
[quote=WillS post_id=638299 time=1554298401 user_id=7718]
Another great day on the TET Section 9 France.
Arranged to meet up with Graham on his TTR 250 in Lourdes, we picked up the TET Section 9 in as it crossed over the river Gave de Pau....

The section we rode was a good mix of trails with some tarmac roads in between.

Total km 180, and 8€ spent on fuel!! A great day on the CRF250L

Sounds like you are the man to see for local knowledge Will :)
[/quote]

Sounds like you are the man to see for local knowledge Will :) As sadly, my mid May Portugal ACT trip fizzled out and there are no bloody ferries to Spain available, I'm thinking France and the TET, or some bits of it...
[/quote]

1000's of km trails around the Pyrenees, and also the TET in France and Spain. Too much choice !!
If you need any info let me know.
It looks like those ferries to Santander and Bilbao are alway booked up well in advance.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

SteveR wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:32 pm
A fine piece of baking is something to be savoured. Personally, I absolutely love our home made Anzac biscuits, but they are not really able to compete with top flight choux pastry....
Sorry we've drifted off topic but I've just printed out an Anztac Biscuit Recipe and will be cooking some ASAP.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Brenhden wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:42 am
SteveR wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:32 pm
Sorry we've drifted off topic but I've just printed out an Anztac Biscuit Recipe and will be cooking some ASAP.
Pure poison... they are delicious. Do not bake them too hard, they are better slightly squishy... Else just leave them in a tin for 48hrs (if you can!) and they will soften...
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

WillS wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:27 am
1000's of km trails around the Pyrenees, and also the TET in France and Spain. Too much choice !!
If you need any info let me know.
It looks like those ferries to Santander and Bilbao are alway booked up well in advance.
Thanks Will.

I looked at mid September, and they are struggling for bikes... Really does need some competition :?

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”