Meet Up in Sort, Catalunya 23-27 September 2019

Where you've been and what you done
daveuprite

Re: HISS events

Post by daveuprite »

beany wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:22 pm already booked up for this year, but if this is going to be a yearly thingy would be interested for next year. nice campsite as well i have
used it before.

cheers beany
Dunno Beany. Given how crusty and accident prone most of us are, planning a whole year ahead is just wishful thinking. It's going to be a challenge getting us all to Sort this September alive and well, let alone 2020...
beany

Post by beany »

Know what you mean, went to Wales on Saturday
I Am still making old man groans even when I sit down :lol:
Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

The campsite was clean and well kept in general. I think there was a small cafe/bar The bars are all down in Sort ( the ones we used) That bloody river can be noisy. Some nice bars and cafes in sort pizza take aways. As you will know no campfires anywhere. I do prefer the Hostel Josep I think it was about 35 quid a night bed breakfast end four course eve meal. We parked a van with bikes in outside but Rosa the landlady said we could used their underground carpark garage if we had wanted. I love the area and I would also like to publicly thank Simon Rice for all his help over the years with tips and guidance. The smugglers route is good fun but turn back at the tarmac in andora and come back. Andora is a dirty bottleneck- fags are cheap they say. See yer there I hope to get me mate coming too. :D. I am possibly going past it in march so I will do a quick reccy and ask questions etcc.
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Mickdb1 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:41 pm I am possibly going past it in march so I will do a quick reccy and ask questions etcc.
That sounds perfect. If you could ask them about availability for about 2 or 3 vans and maybe 6-10 people (ish) camping with bikes between 23rd and 27th September - that would be very helpful.

Cheers, Dave
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

daveuprite wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:30 pm
Mickdb1 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:41 pm I am possibly going past it in march so I will do a quick reccy and ask questions etcc.
That sounds perfect. If you could ask them about availability for about 2 or 3 vans and maybe 6-10 people (ish) camping with bikes between 23rd and 27th September - that would be very helpful.

Cheers, Dave
It's quite a big campsite Dave, can't see end of September being problem for a few vans. I've got the contact details somewhere at home, the guy running it a couple of years ago when I stayed there was very helpful and spoke English, checked weather forecast for me and had knowledge of the pistes etc.
As Mick says its convenient for the town with bars and grub etc.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Nico-D wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:37 pm
daveuprite wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:30 pm

Cheers, Dave
It's quite a big campsite Dave, can't see end of September being problem for a few vans. I've got the contact details somewhere at home, the guy running it a couple of years ago when I stayed there was very helpful and spoke English, checked weather forecast for me and had knowledge of the pistes etc.

As Mick says its convenient for the town with bars and grub etc.
Well that's cool, Nick. Cheers, old bean. Would you be able to join us? Haven't seen you for ages.
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

Yes Dave could be up for this, it's still a long way off and not sure of this years plans yet, hope to do some more TET stuff.

I'm still in Spain/Portugal, had some fantastic riding down here this winter. Heading back home next week so hopefully meet up for a day on the trails before too long, looks quite spring-like up there in France at moment ...hope it lasts.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

"Oooooh, that sounds interesting", sez I...

"Bit of trail riding dahn Sarf again. Good company and some owd fellas, gotta be fun", I thought....

Then I see the quality of the names... Fast? I'd need to be called Thorpe to keep up.... :lol:
Last edited by SteveR on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sideleaner

Post by Sideleaner »

Hmmm, I am interested as well since I missed the last HISS'es due to circumstances. SteveR, it would be good to meet again.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Sideleaner wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:25 pm Hmmm, I am interested as well since I missed the last HISS'es due to circumstances. SteveR, it would be good to meet again.
According to your profile, you are too young ;)

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”