Meet Up in Sort, Catalunya 23-27 September 2019

Where you've been and what you done
PHILinFRANCE

Re: Meet Up in Sort, Catalunya 23-27 September 2019

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

bowber wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:22 pm I'm on the 701 Dave, hopefully I'll not need to change tyres but it'll be good to have the option.
I'm finding more dead ends than through roads but it's fun, took me 2 hours to cover 40 miles this morning :-)
Currently south of Poitiers and heading south of you.
Did you get my text Dave?
Hi Steve , do you have a rough ETA , if im not in , go in and put kettle on
Phil
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

PHILinFRANCE wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:24 pm
bowber wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:22 pm I'm on the 701 Dave, hopefully I'll not need to change tyres but it'll be good to have the option.
I'm finding more dead ends than through roads but it's fun, took me 2 hours to cover 40 miles this morning :-)
Hi Steve , do you have a rough ETA , if im not in , go in and put kettle on........Jax is making a Green Thai for us
Phil
bowber

Post by bowber »

PHILinFRANCE wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:25 pm
PHILinFRANCE wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:24 pm
Hi Steve , do you have a rough ETA , if im not in , go in and put kettle on........Jax is making a Green Thai for us
Phil
Not too sure at the moment Phil, I'll be having a slow start to the day then taking my time via devious back road routes, Google says I'm 2.5 hours away but i recon I'll double that so early/mid afternoon.

Edit, Thai Green sound great to me 👍

Steve
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Ok mate i'll PM you my moby
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

701 - that's more like it. You must have almost passed my door! Actually I've been out most of the day. I don't really do mobile phones, texts, etc Steve. I'm abandoning this horrible I-phone thing that I've inherited because it doesn't hold a charge for more than 10 minutes and I basically hate it. I'll take an old 15 euro, PAYG mobile to Spain just for breakdown purposes, but i never use one otherwise.

So ditch that other number and use this number for me, as of tomorrow: 07803 92728 (it's a french mobile, so dial accordingly).

Have a good stay with the northern monkey.

See you in Sort, Sunday evening.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Owner of the campsite just emailed me - his name's Didac - apparently he won't be there on Sunday afternoon/evening. So he said to settle ourselves in. Make sure we base ourselves near one of the electric hook-up points (I'm bringing a fridge etc so we need this), and help ourselves to a shower etc.

From all accounts the campsite is great, the pitches are good and the place has a pool etc, but the toilets and showers are horrible. Doesn't bother me in the least; I have shat into the most horrific 'toilets' in the world during my travels, so nothing shocks me. But I'm just letting you know....

So whoever gets there first, try to bag a place where we can connect up to the mains (I'm bringing an outdoor adaptor and extension lead/multiplug etc) and make sure there's room for two or three vans, about 8-10 bikes and a cluster of tents.

Then we can erect a wicken man and dance round it all night...

See you there,Dave
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Sorry can't make it lads, but have a good one :D
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

We are sat in Sort at the moment having lunch. It's a bit grey, and we had some rain on the way up. There's some sort of bike rally event on today.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
WillS

Post by WillS »

AlanHolt wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:47 pm We are sat in Sort at the moment having lunch. It's a bit grey, and we had some rain on the way up. There's some sort of bike rally event on today.
Must just have missed you Alan, we arrived to Camping Noguera Palleresa Sort around 3/4pm. We went into Sort in the evening for a beer or two!!
Looks like a big rally was ongoing as we kept hearing lots of bikes going past.
We had a great week on the trails in fantastic weather. Even managed the Col Negre at 2642m. The VW is still there full of holes!!
20190926_160513.jpg
20190926_160513.jpg (137.55 KiB) Viewed 3447 times
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Well it was too good a week to sum up properly in a post on here. Basically, if you were there you know what a bloody good time we had. Perfect goldilocks weather all week, 700 kms of riding over 5 days, about 500kms of which on dirt. Up to nearly 2700 metres, right up into the clouds on day one and totally clear from then on. Ski-slope descents, jumps, countless hairpins, gravel, dirt, rocks, woods, silent enduro-racing, high alpine pasture, mountain top views, hydro-electric dams, vultures, horses, cowbells, deer, tax-free Andorran gin, Estrella on tap, bocadillo sandwiches, fantastic Catalunyan meals at night, crap jokes, endless banter, farts and faginas.

Noguera Pallaresa camp-site in Sort is run by a cool dreadlocked dude called Didac, who was more than happy for us to spread ourselves out, set up a communal kitchen, laugh and talk into the night, use the pool etc. Same river going by but a much better place than Collegats in Pobla. His boss ('Ros the Boss') sorted us out with a site discount and some free beers at his great busy bar in town (which serves super burgers). 5 minute walk into town, and endless trails everywhere. A really good , no-hassle camp-site in exactly the right place.

Great to see Phil again, and Pascal & Cesar from Belgium. But particularly big thanks to Graham, Will, Steve and Matt for 5 days of excellent intensive riding and splendid company. Let's do it again next year...

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”