Where you've been and what you done
chunky butt

Re: Meet Up in Sort, Catalunya 23-27 September 2019

Post by chunky butt »

I'm in... :D
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

diggermanbob wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:39 pm I arrive in France 3pm on the 20th so will be making my way down ready for Sunday morning off from Jax hopefully :D
Stop over here Bob, always room buddy... ;)
bowber

Post by bowber »

Looks like I'll be on my bike so I'm hoping to get a few trails in on the way down, maybe arrive in St Malo on Thursday morning, get across a bit and then take a few days to get over to Phils (still need to contact you Phil about that)

So is there anyone else riding down that would be interested in doing the same? Diggerman Bob, you land Friday, are you just doing roads or some trails too?

Steve

Edit.

Who will be travelling down to the Pyrenees on there bikes from Phil's?
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

chunky butt wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:01 pm
diggermanbob wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:39 pm I arrive in France 3pm on the 20th so will be making my way down ready for Sunday morning off from Jax hopefully :D
Stop over here Bob, always room buddy... ;)
Thanks Steve I will be coming down via yours all being well 😀
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

bowber wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:55 pm Looks like I'll be on my bike so I'm hoping to get a few trails in on the way down, maybe arrive in St Malo on Thursday morning, get across a bit and then take a few days to get over to Phils (still need to contact you Phil about that)

So is there anyone else riding down that would be interested in doing the same? Diggerman Bob, you land Friday, are you just doing roads or some trails too?

Steve

Edit.

Who will be travelling down to the Pyrenees on there bikes from Phil's?
I will be in my van mate , bike in the back , I'm taking the Montesa 4ride so tooo far to ride down !!
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

..................OK folks what looks like a RV at Jax Shack for the run to the hills i need dates and names of folk wanting to stay

Steve AKA Bowber 1Bike ... 1 man (bed) ....Saturday night 21st
Last edited by PHILinFRANCE on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spanish johnny

Post by spanish johnny »

PHILinFRANCE wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:27 pm Join in Jonny there's a load of space in them there hill for all of us , what bike you one
Hi Phil,

I'm on a 1200gs. It looks like there are a lot of enduros in the group so I hope the mix works. After the summer the tracks should be good shape and if it's anything like HISS in Albarracin, there's nothing too technical. What's everyone else riding?
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Well as you probably remember Johnny, peeps turned up to the La Pobla HISS on all sorts of bikes. I recall Varaderos, Africa Twins, XT660s, BMW Sertaos and many others, as well as the smaller enduro bikes. How many trails you can realistically tackle on a GS1200 will depend a lot on how good you are at riding such a big heavy bike off road. I can think of a few sections that I couldn't possibly imagine a GS being able to pass, but the vast majority is surely rideable. On our first year on the HISS we were joined by a guy on a big KTM950 who rode to the site, swapped his tyres for nobblies, and then hooned around with the rest of us on our small enduros as if the bike was a toy. But he was a 6ft 3inch fireman who was in the process of riding round the world...

I'll be vanning down with a Beta 450 on board, Steve (chunky) has a BMW450X, Matt a KTM500EXC, Phil a selection of KTM400s to choose from, the other Steve's got a KTM400EXC as well, Shan's on a KTM300EXC smoker, etc etc - so we mainly prefer the light stuff. But the majority of the trails are double width/track and they are rarely silly-steep gradient. Some of the switchbacks would be amusing on a GS I guess.

The Guardia Civil don't like dirt bikers in groups of over 5, so it would probably be best for the bigger thumpers to gang up together.

Then you can scoop up all the orange bits falling off the bikes up ahead... :D
bowber

Post by bowber »

PHILinFRANCE wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:24 am ..................OK folks what looks like a RV at Jax Shack for the run to the hills i need dates and names of folk wanting to stay

Steve AKA Bowber 1Bike ... 1 man (bed) ....Date ?
Yes, 1 bike, 1 man Sat 21st Sept ready for the ride down Sunday.

No problem Bob, I'm hoping to land in France Thursday morning so I'm fresh and have a full day to travel, that should mean I have 3 days to get over to Phils.
Those of you who've done this sort of trip, is that a realistic time to be able to get some trails in on the way? I'm not wanting to do anything technical especially if I'm on my own.

Steve
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

bowber wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:05 am
PHILinFRANCE wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:24 am ..................OK folks what looks like a RV at Jax Shack for the run to the hills i need dates and names of folk wanting to stay

Steve AKA Bowber 1Bike ... 1 man (bed) ....Date ?
Yes, 1 bike, 1 man Sat 21st Sept ready for the ride down Sunday.

No problem Bob, I'm hoping to land in France Thursday morning so I'm fresh and have a full day to travel, that should mean I have 3 days to get over to Phils.
Those of you who've done this sort of trip, is that a realistic time to be able to get some trails in on the way? I'm not wanting to do anything technical especially if I'm on my own.

Steve
Yep that sounds good Steve :D see you there. Bob

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”