EDC 2018 Maroc Africa, Ride Report.

Where you've been and what you done
WIBO

Re: EDC 2018 Maroc Africa, Ride Report.

Post by WIBO »

Not long after the AT is suffering from the odd intermittent engine stop and go problem..... Ricky thinks he knows where the fault lies...connection at the steering head....he checks it and the fuses to find that it was a loose battery connection.....Maroc will find anything that is loose with its terrain.

We take the opportunity to park up for a brew up, wait for the AT and a bite to eat whilst repairs are ongoing.

To kill time Steve takes a tour as we all look on.....all of us that would be.....he drops its....no one cheers too loudly .......and I run forward to take a picture......I mean, to help lift the bike.

Will It Buff Out?
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

Great write up Keith :D

Can't believe you stood me up 😢
you can buy me dinner next time 😘

I'll try at some stage to update/sort my ride report, hopefully this side of Santa...
chubbyhooker

Post by chubbyhooker »

WIBO wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:34 pm So....it's was that time again......a gathering of a certain group of the usual misfits and weirdos for a ride out to Maroc...along with some new ones. It was to start on a Friday before the weekend.

The first two would arrive at my house with a van and and their motos from Scotland and another would arrive on his moto from Jersey.....I know.....he can't help it.

The next, a French rider, was asked to arrive the next morning at 0900hrs from my next village.

In true Scot fashion they arrived with beer and we had to dander up to the pizza shop after they arrived to stuff our boliers. A couple of pints whilst waiting for the order then some wine didn't really assist to any great degree once we thought about it the next day.

Upon our arrival back at my house, the Scot from Jersey.....he'd arrived too..... 40 bottles of beer later and off to bed at 0330hrs....that's handy we all thought.

Bertin, the French rider arrived promptly the next morning to get us up citing surprisal that we'd been on a late bender before we were to ride all day to Valladolid in Spain......I know...we just couldn't help it.

We leave over Col du Poutalet bound for our hostel that I've booked.....we'll be later due to leaving not at 0900hrs but at 1100hrs......baaaa.

Of course after 30mins the first goat incident occurs resulting in riders breaking off to return to my house to bring their money and passport that they'd forgotten......baaaaaaa.

goat.jpg

We have a great ride in good weather over the Pyrénées stopping for a fatboy special at Mc Donalds in Huesca..............all at about 90kph......you don't have to lower your gearing to go to Maroc..........keep it as high so as you can ride plus 115kph all day....on an autoroute all through Spain :lol:

oh....and read Page One on the Invite for Tips and Tricks.....oh....and read Page One on the Invite for Tips and Tricks.......oh....and read Page One on the Invite for Tips and Tricks........oh....and read Page One on the Invite for Tips and Tricks............oh....and read Page One on the Invite for Tips and Tricks....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

680kms

Screenshot 2018-10-27 at 21.18.39.png

We arrive late and check in......... a great wee road side hostel for €27 B&B .....a few euros plus for a sandwich and a cold beer.

Hostal Restaurante María Victoria

At

N 41 47 149
W 004 56 543

The others go to bed and I later greet the others upon their arrival......they were cold and tired after their delay. Up to bed and we'll hook up in the morning over breakfast.

Someone did ask me the next morning if a sachet they were holding was sugar or salt......blank stare ensued as described in Page One of the Invite under Tips and Tricks....... :lol: :lol:

Note to self....don't go an a 0330hrs bender then ride 680kms.....baaaaaaa

I thought Page one was for the mere mortals ????
Was i there as well ???? im never in the photos........probably Pants down in a dune at the time
had a great trip ..........is this sugar???? Thanks again
Heff

Post by Heff »

Great stuff so far ;)
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
TravisGill

Post by TravisGill »

Your post is PERFECT timing. I'm planning a trip this spring to Morocco and your post is full of great waypoints and humor. Looking forward to more...
Travis & Chantil
'11 G650GS and '12 G650GS Sertao
YouTube Channel
BobH

Post by BobH »

Here you go Chubby -

What no Fuel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IMG_0197.JPG
IMG_0197.JPG (213.62 KiB) Viewed 2953 times
BobH

Post by BobH »

IMG_0190 2.JPG
IMG_0190 2.JPG (136.76 KiB) Viewed 2953 times
Sporting the very best breathable waterproofs, with great emphasis on breathable (and teabag).

Morocco McD
IMG_0192.JPG
IMG_0192.JPG (108.48 KiB) Viewed 2953 times
chubbyhooker

Post by chubbyhooker »

Cheers bob I was starting to get paranoid thinking I may have dreamt it all !!!
Now I need to wait for the prize for packing so light 😜
micksea

Post by micksea »

that last picture almost makes chubby look like a normal person :D
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

TravisGill wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:24 pm Your post is PERFECT timing. I'm planning a trip this spring to Morocco and your post is full of great waypoints and humor. Looking forward to more...
Great..Looking forward to your great images.......if you've any questions by all means just ask.

:D

Will It Buff Out?

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”