A Day in Charente

Where you've been and what you done
daveuprite

A Day in Charente

Post by daveuprite »

Spent a top day today with Steve (Chunkybutt) on his trails in Charente. 21 degrees, blue sky - bloody goldilocks.

Two or three streams, some field edges and loads of fantastic forest. We found loads of new stuff we hadn't tried before, mainly by just punching a hole in the hedge and finding a way through the woods.

But first we stopped to collect wild flowers for our collection, which we shall press later...

Here's Steve, making his way up a nice chemin:

And then myself:

Later on, Steve gave me a challenge. He bet that I could not slam my bike into a branch, trap the throttle open at full revs, slip backwards and ping the clutch, then launch my bike vertically up a tree. Obviously I accepted the wager and sure enough - perfect first time:

Steve - you owe me a beer.

Thanks again for a really good day, and thanks Debs for some great scran afterwards. :)
chunky butt

Re: A Day in Charente

Post by chunky butt »

Brilliant day, for a last minute, spur of the moment route finding day, thanks for coming Dave ..... found some great new trails, and a few nadgery bits, which will be a great laugh when its damp :lol: .... yep I owe you a pint dave :D
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

And so it starts ...........................lets get em booked in boys , love those W/E meets
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Oh yes, always ready for a braap in the dirt. Actually Steve and I kind of 'invented' quite a few of those woodland trails yesterday, Phil-style :lol: .

See you on the 6th.

Tell Shan and Barry to get their act together and give us a date.

I'll host my usual Christmas 'Snifter Run' on 30th December - so you can certainly put that in the diary.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”