Aren't half been some clever bastards...

Where you've been and what you done
daveuprite

Aren't half been some clever bastards...

Post by daveuprite »

Well I've put this in the 'Ride Reports' section, but it may take the record for shortest ride ever... I might rename it 'The Short Way Round'.

Having changed the oil pump gears and various other bits inside my engine, I bolted it all back together, ran it to check for leaks and then decided to warm it through properly by taking it down the lane for a little tootle - just to go through the gears etc.

Forgetting completely that a load of old oil spilt on the garage mat during the oil change and soaked the rear tyre, I climbed on (no need for any gear or a helmet, after all I'm only going 100yards or so) and gave it a good old hoof-full of throttle as I turned out of my barn gate on to the road. Rear knobblie span out instantly like it was on ice and dumped me on the deck in a micro-second. What a total and utter plonker. Now I have some nice grazes for my trouble. But it was quite exciting and I haven't crashed on tarmac for a few years so it made a nice change.

The good thing about all this is that it shows I have not yet grown up to be all careful and sensible, and after about 37 years of biking I still make the most basic schoolboy errors. This is positive and life-affirming. When I start making a long series of boring thorough checks before getting on a bike I'll just yawn and call it a day....
PHILinFRANCE

Re: Aren't half been some clever bastards...

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

So ..................are you riding with the mad man tomorrow ...........................me :twisted: Steve and Matt are coming and maybe Barry

Did a bit of bush-whacking today for next time pics to follow , doing Rocky tomoz

Ohh and by the way ........................we don't bounce like we used to :lol:
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Hiya Phil

I'm used to falling into mud and arguing with the odd tree (that bloody tree, it's so strange) - but I haven't kissed the tarmac for ages. Nothing damaged though.

Oh yeah, I'll be there tomorrow. I'm bringing Matt down with me in the Van of Dreams.

See you in't morning...
herman

Post by herman »

Which reminds me I have two new tyres on the S10 and new rear pads. :idea:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

herman wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:57 pm Which reminds me I have two new tyres on the S10 and new rear pads. :idea:
TCS off and loads of speed then :lol:
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Not like you to drop something and not break it Dave 🍸🍸🍸

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”