HISS 2018 - the 'Official Ride Report(s)

Where you've been and what you done
AlanHolt

Re: HISS 2018 - the 'Official Ride Report(s)

Post by AlanHolt »

IMAG1758.jpg
IMAG1758.jpg (155.53 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
IMAG1759.jpg
IMAG1759.jpg (106.64 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

AlanHolt wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:32 am IMAG1758.jpgIMAG1759.jpg
Looking forward to riding some of those trails myself next week Alan. Are you thinking of coming to the HISS for a return fixture? :)

Simon

PS actually I should have posted pictures of my Alp on the HISS trails:

Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
bowber

Post by bowber »

Nice to hear (and see) the weather is getting warmer, still crap here in the UK and to top it all we've booked a long weekend away in wales over the Easter weekend and Wales is going to get sleet and snow while it's showing sunny spells at home and further north in Scotland!
Got an XC fuel tank for the 400 now so that's hopefully sorted, just did a 150+ mile day last week and got to around 105 before hitting reserve, makes the bike much more useful for trail riding.
Looking forward to May, not long now.

Steve
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

bowber wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:56 am Looking forward to May, not long now.

Steve
Too blooming' true. After waiting since October for our planning permission it came through on Friday and we saw our builder yesterday - he wants to start on April 16th! Busy times ahead ...

Looks forward to a little 'holiday' with you guys!

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

SteveR

Post by SteveR »

AlanHolt wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:22 am The weather has really improved here this week, t-shirt and combats yesterday and warmer and brighter today. There are some showers forecast for a couple of evenings this week, the daytime temperatures remain around 20-26c. Its going to be a good few days, looking forward to meeting you all.
Ahhh bog off the lot of you...... ;)

More heavy rain forecast for Easter Monday, just for a change...

Maybe I need to emigrate??
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

SteveR wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:33 pm
AlanHolt wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:22 am The weather has really improved here this week, t-shirt and combats yesterday and warmer and brighter today. There are some showers forecast for a couple of evenings this week, the daytime temperatures remain around 20-26c. Its going to be a good few days, looking forward to meeting you all.

Indeed you should stout fellow. 20º down in Tremp as I write and tomorrow we move into the camping. Our house being semi-demolished in a few weeks time before being almost entirely rebuilt - so you can keep you chuffing weather for the next three months if you don't mind! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regs

Simon

PS have you memorised the gestation period of the bovine yet Steve? :D

SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Simon_100 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:12 pm

Indeed you should stout fellow. 20º down in Tremp as I write and tomorrow we move into the camping. Our house being semi-demolished in a few weeks time before being almost entirely rebuilt - so you can keep you chuffing weather for the next three months if you don't mind! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS have you memorised the gestation period of the bovine yet Steve? :D
Having built one house, rebuilt another and refurbed several cottages, it'll be a L O N G summer I reckon, Simon :lol: At leasy rain will NOT stop play so much there...

As a MUCH wiser man than me once said, " Cow or Countess, they take the same days..." From experience, both can be a PITA and screw with the plans of man!

And no "screw" puns please, dear Boy!!
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

WillS wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:54 pm
SteveR wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:58 am Ok ancient one.... :-)

Thank you for the pointers that owing to my dotage, I had somehow missed.

I hope to firm up my May plan around mid-April, but as ever, this is so fluid, it is practically going down the Severn!
Hope to see you at the May HISS Catalonia SteveR, would be great to meet up again, it's been a few years since the Aragon HISS.
Good luck with the timing of the new beef stock :D
Will
Thank'ee kindly Mr Spray. It would indeed be good to catch up again. 2017 was a complete washout as regards biking abroad, and I am keen to "get some in" this year.

A couple of options floating around at the moment for May, it's the bloody bovine bollocks that is making the final decision on free dates for me...!
i
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

SteveR wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:58 pm PS have you memorised the gestation period of the bovine yet Steve? :D
Having built one house, rebuilt another and refurbed several cottages, it'll be a L O N G summer I reckon, Simon :lol: At leasy rain will NOT stop play so much there...[/quote]

Too true, been done that, except the new build, at least five times - three of them this self same cottage ...

April is as fickle here as in the UK and as we will be roofless for several weeks it's going to be a bit of a bare knuckle month.But it's also important to have the heavy work done before the summer - 35º every day and the bricks just turn into sloths. Hopefully it'll be passed over to the sparks by then, leaving August free for Polly, whoops, me and Polly, to do the decorating ...

The HISS will be a well earned break! :)

Meanwhile:
SteveR wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:58 pmAs a MUCH wiser man than me once said, " Cow or Countess, they take the same days..." From experience, both can be a PITA and screw with the plans of man
I recall something like that in the deep recesses of my memory, but in this case maybe the Rhythm Method is used for slightly different outcomes? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regs

Simon

AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

I spoke too soon, it was only 19c today and overcast. When I went out on the bike, i had to close some of the vents in my jacket...
Current bike is a Yamaha T7

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”