HISS 2018 - the 'Official Ride Report(s)

Where you've been and what you done
bowber

Re: HISS 2018 - the 'Official Ride Report(s)

Post by bowber »

daveuprite wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:50 am

Sent you a PM, Steve.
Replied.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

I am spadger wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:37 am Just waking up to blue skies on the Spanish side of Pyrenees with a bad head from 3.99 ltr Gin from Andorra! After all the rain and mist from uk to Andorra a great start fingers crossed for next week
Just back at HQ after a conference with our builder, architect and Uncle Tom Cobbly ... looks like you're still sleeping it off John!

See you in the bar when you wake up - go on, you know it makes sense! :)

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

bowber wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:45 pm
daveuprite wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:50 am

Sent you a PM, Steve.
Replied.
That's what we like to see ... :)
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

I am spadger

Post by I am spadger »

Hic :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WillS

Post by WillS »

Off tomorrow riding the TET From Carcassonne with 6 riders, including John & Jayne Speight. Will be linking up with Simon on the HISS in La Pobla at Camping Collegats.
Bike is all packed and ready to meet 2 other CRF250L forming the "Red & White Trio" on the TET / HISS.

Will.
IMG_1531.JPG
IMG_1531.JPG (180.32 KiB) Viewed 3040 times
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Have a good ride. See you at the campsite on Sunday night.

If any of you breakdown badly and need a van, I just MIGHT be able to help because I'll be driving from mine in Limousin, via Toulouse, via St Gaudens and Vielha to La Pobla. Some of that might be on or near to your route. I'll be driving down on Sunday 13th during the day (will have tools etc. on board). It would be a tight squeeze (I will already have 3 enduros on board) but theoretically I could rescue a stricken bike.

PM me for my mobile number if you want to keep it with you on your trip...

Dave
WillS

Post by WillS »

daveuprite wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 5:38 pm
PM me for my mobile number if you want to keep it with you on your trip...

Dave
Many thanks PM sent Dave.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

WillS wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 3:28 pm Off tomorrow riding the TET From Carcassonne with 6 riders, including John & Jayne Speight. Will be linking up with Simon on the HISS in La Pobla at Camping Collegats.
Bike is all packed and ready to meet 2 other CRF250L forming the "Red & White Trio" on the TET / HISS.

Will.
Those lovely CRF's seem to be de rigeur for the TET, we saw one yesterday at Sort, evidently totally lost by the way s/he was riding up and own the main drag. But neat, minimal luggage seems to be the business ... :)

Have a great trip chaps and chappesses! :)

Simon

WIBO

Post by WIBO »

WillS wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 3:28 pm Off tomorrow riding the TET From Carcassonne with 6 riders, including John & Jayne Speight. Will be linking up with Simon on the HISS in La Pobla at Camping Collegats.

Will.

IMG_1531.JPG

Willy Spray!!!.......Great stuff!!!......You've been off the radar!!.........Good to see you've ditched that old heavy upside down Portugal BMW in favour of the Jap stuff for your ride outs these days...... :D

Enjoy your ride out on all of those free Spanish trails.

Looking forward as usual to your ride report and ride videos. Don't forget if you want to ride to Maroc again, this year, the invite is open...Ken too!!!.... :D

All the best.

:D
Will It Buff Out?
bowber

Post by bowber »

Last few jobs done so it's time to load the van and set off to Dover, see you all there in a few days all being well.

@ WillS, we are also travelling a relatively direct route down through France and could squeeze in a small bike like the CRF so if you have problems phone me, I'll PM you my mobile number. However it's a Honda so it should be fine :-)

Steve

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”