Beta bodge in Limousin

Where you've been and what you done
Nico-D

Re: Beta bodge in Limousin

Post by Nico-D »

I can't believe you don't carry a spare lever Dave, actually I know you so I can believe you don't carry one, not enough room in your rucksack once you got your stash of sarnies in there :lol:

I've broken a few levers even with bar protectors on, usually just the ends pop off so there's enough left to carry on with if I can't be bothered to swap to the spare.

Actually went out on my Beta today for first time in over 2 months, forgotten how great it is especially on slippery leaf strewn muddy chemins around here. Perfect conditions today but nippy until I got warmed up.

Did you manage to find chemins between your place and Monts de Blond, or did you van it down there ?
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Hiya Nick.

Well of course I had a gear change lever with me....

Luckily I found some bounty bars in my pack so everything was fine from then on.

Yes, I have pretty much found the holy grail of trails between my place and Mortemart. Or at least 60-70% off-road. Some of them good forest tracks near the Chateau de Frais. We had a really good time, but finally got lost somewhere around Fromental/Lavaud. Basically because you weren't with us!! We found our way back to Montrol Senard and with some different trails on the way home, we ended up on the fumes - so it's a good long day out. Next time I might cache a can of fuel up in the hills the day before so we can top up half way round.

Glad you've got out the brother Beta. Any chance you can squeeze in a day at your place before you migrate to Spain?

Dave R
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

Got lost !! Has Steve still not mastered that flippin' Garmin wotsit yet ??

A possibly maybe for a run at mine before I head south. Not next weekend for sure, maybe the following one.

Are you doing the Rando that Mark has sent details through for ? It's on the 10th I think.
Last edited by Nico-D on Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Hey nick, you know me....all show and no go......cause I know how that montanna bloody thing works, what do you want to no about it.....lol. You missed a good day, I'm still laughing about the T bone incident , nearly got all way to mortemart now off road, but know what you mean about slippery leaves etc, thought did quite well by remembering most of route from memory. Going to try and make tour blanche, was really good last time, well worth it . Always up for a day at yours :D :D
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Yep, if you go for a day weekend of 2nd/3rd Dec I'm up for that. Just let us know.

Thinking about the Tour Blanche Rando too.

Wonderfully off-topic now....

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”