EDC 2017 Maroc Ride Report

Where you've been and what you done
WIBO

Re: EDC 2017 Maroc Ride Report

Post by WIBO »

Upon arriving we disembark and once through passport control we park up to shake hands and bid farewells.

Some riders will find their own way back to the port for the UK ferry for the given date and some will ride on together.

No one was injured and as far as I could tell all had a good time especially those on their first visit to Maroc.

Hopefully riders will now know the ropes and not hesitate to return with other riders of our discipline to enjoy. Well done to all who rode with the EDC.

A massive thank you goes to Al for all his hard work, banter and video editing come the end game. Thanks to all for the banter in fact. :D

Last edited by WIBO on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Will It Buff Out?
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

For me I ride on to Ardales in Spain..to take a dander along the Caminito del Rey. Th films, Von Ryans Express was shot here back in the day.

I find an excellent hotel in the narrow streeted town and enjoy the local cuisine .........along with rioja.

To get to the start of the walk you walk about 1,2kms along a forest trail The walk follows is along a gorge and will take about 2,5hrs....being water and a day sac with food. There's no toilets along the walk and it's one way. To get back to the start there'll be a shuttle bus service at the end.

I stay another night the the next day head north. Luckily it's still sunny and dry but I now have my liners zipped into my kit. I found an hotel half distance and checked in tired.

The next morning although clear and sunny it's crisp and cold.

I hit the Pyrénées on the Spanish side which is fairly mild......

Just a couple of hundred metres past the summit of Col du Pourtalet, on the French side it's back to normal...............

NB. The last of the images are just now coming in and I'll go back and insert them in the relevant places.

...the old girl has provided sterling service again...centre stand bolt loosening off was the only dopey thing for me.....touch wood....she's now nearly 90 and hopefully will keep going for a while yet.

PS I personally was not envious..........just saying.....but those who were can chime in.

Last edited by WIBO on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Will It Buff Out?
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

A great write up of what looked like a great trip.
Thanks to all that contributed 8-) 8-) 8-)
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
aliwakeskate

Post by aliwakeskate »

Great stuff Keith! Top writing...

"Everyone was envious of my easy life in the desert"? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: personally I wasn't "envious" one bit. I'm more than happy with my tenere in the desert and it's ability to carry enough water so that I don't run out after 1 day ;) .

"The Rally performed faultlessly"... No mention of clutch problems in that article...just saying ;)
crofty

Post by crofty »

Keith enjoyed the write up and the photos. Alistair thanks for taking the time to put the videos together. The trip was great, professionally organised and led. The company and the craic was excellent. Looking forward to doing it all again this year.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

aliwakeskate wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:28 pm Great stuff Keith! Top writing...

"Everyone was envious of my easy life in the desert"? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: personally I wasn't "envious" one bit. I'm more than happy with my tenere in the desert and it's ability to carry enough water so that I don't run out after 1 day ;) .

"The Rally performed faultlessly"... No mention of clutch problems in that article...just saying ;)
i wouldnt think the problem is the clutch ...maby the operation of it ..sounds like a bad case of feet dangling to me ...not carrying water :| :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :?: :?: :?:

ace report 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Great stuff Keith
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

Big thanks to Keith and big Al for their kind and generous support, advice and hard work on making this such an enjoyable trip, a real adventure with a great set of people. I learnt a lot from their advice.
Great Photo's and video's , must have taken ages to put together.
Many Thanks
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

A brilliant ride report

Really enjoyed follwing it

Many thanks
rodyorkabr

Post by rodyorkabr »

Its a real shame this report has reached its conclusion; really well put together with an excellent set of factual narrative ;) , brilliant photographs and fantastic video footage...really well done & certainly inspiring.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”