IMG_0160.JPG (151.56 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
Attachments
IMG_0180.JPG
IMG_0180.JPG (129.52 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
one-legged adventurer
IanB

Re: ABC North Yorks

Post by IanB »

That looks like a proper weekend - well done boys :)
Time knows no limits for days such as these.............
sid38

Post by sid38 »

Awesome ABC weekend once again.
Many thanks to Scooby for running it and everyone else for being there.
Only one thing missing......meat slice! Over to you Cowling.
Think I need to get some practice in before the next one (drinking that is)! ;)
scoobydidler

Post by scoobydidler »

PART 2 SATURDAY

Optimistically I'd set my alarm for 7am which as everyone who's ever been to one of these things knows, is approximately 6 hours not enough sleepy time but up i got, the plan being if i made enough noise staggering into furniture and tripping over boots and helmets then the zombies would be roused and a 9am set off (as forewarned) would be achieved. Not a Scooby Doo's chance in hell was that happening but 9.35 (felco) is perfectly acceptable so assembled we were.
Split into two groups, Cowling was heading Scarborough direction for a supposedly "steady" route and i was taking the rest, a biggish mileage loop hence the good start.

All went well for maybe half a mile when Sid, who'd been wrestling with himself over something he'd forgotten, remembered he hadn't put his armour on so off he went to get properly dressed. Interestingly he hadn't brought any shoes for the weekend either! Numpty!
All good for another ten minutes when Sid dropped the CCM in a slippy ford, only a dribble though not a problem. Then enter Tea007 at the next ford and what is becoming a speciality of his as he went full submariner, bugger. Of course Tea carries a full compliment of no tools whatsoever so StevieD and meself went to a local garage to borrow a socket to get the plug out and an hour and a half later we were off again, well behing schedule but running.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Nice blog so far--and how about one for the other group?--the uncharted lanes and the resulting voyage of discovery, the bog of doom and so on? :lol: ps I researched the Sirius mine--apparently its for a natural fertiliser type rock containing magnesium, calcium, potassium etc--I wondered what the blot on the landscape was.
scoobydidler

Post by scoobydidler »

We got an early brew stop in and cracked on. Unfortunately we had to cut some biggish bits out in order to get round the loop but very few problems, a few comedy lie downs, some caught on film but not mine so they don't count do they? 😀
Ozzy sheepwash claimed me in a pathetic manner and Stewie had a couple of rests in full view of some walkers doh! We finished off with Toft Hill and Rudland Rigg, always good to finish with a long blast and no gates.
I think i can speak for everyone when i say we were absolutely knackered by the time we got back to the bunkhouse, i couldve gone to bed nevermind a session in Whitby!
Stevied

Post by Stevied »

Thanks for doing the ride report Scoob
Cracking weekend
Just starting to feel alive
Really need to get fitter
Sid, can you bring my flip-flops to Cowlings do
Cheers again.
scoobydidler

Post by scoobydidler »

Whitby was a cracking night out, the Regatta was in town so the place was heaving, hen nights and loadsa fancy dress including our obligatory offering, "Yorkshire Gentleman" theme (see photos of many a flat cap and tweed) coupled with pink trousers this is fairly standard attire for Tea.

Apologies to Sid, i must have told him the wrong theme but his sherlock holmes outfit was very good. 😂
These weekends are a great way to meet some new riding mates, 3 new guys for this one, respect to Mickey Luv for turning up friday and Saturday despite not being able to ride due to injury. Similarly Pascoe and Chris (fatman) on ABR, a good pair of lads, fitted straight in and got involved. Fatmam even brought Export with him so he's invited again! In fact all the new guys have signed up for the next outing so thanks to all for making them welcome.
Chris from the farm also commented that the walkers had said what a great bunch we were and thanked us for our hospitality. See, the crew even does it's bit for rambler relations 😁
Nice job boys, see ya at the next one.
cowling

Post by cowling »

Hi Chris, good that you spotted the Sirius mine site,
Multi million even billion investment to replace
Or assist the one farther up the coast in boltby.
It'll be one huge concrete/steel building for refining/
Processing potash, no open cast though, they tunnel
Miles and miles out to sea to get it, I pass that way
Regular and had to check it out myself.

I didn't take any photos and don't have scoobys way
With words Chris, so no ride report from me for our
Sat ride out. Sorry.

I thoroughly enjoy reading them though, good one
Scooby. :lol:
Fatman

Post by Fatman »

Absolutely great bunch of lads - as a newbie they couldn't have made me feel more welcome
Brilliant format too where everyone takes it in turn to organise a meet on their local patch so you get fantastic local knowledge on routes (and pubs)

If anyone is thinking about doing their their first ABC meet you'll love it... just make sure you can
a) drink like a fish
b) get involved in friendly piss taking or have the piss taken
c) ride a bike off road (OPTIONAL) :D

Big thanks to everyone

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”