Autumn at the HISS: the Sierras of Teruel - the 'Official' Ride Report!

Where you've been and what you done
Simon_100

Re: Autumn at the HISS: the Sierras of Teruel - the 'Official' Ride Report!

Post by Simon_100 »

... and yet another great video Will! Thanks, would you mind if I put the links onto my web site?

Ta

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
WillS

Post by WillS »

The Spanish Biker wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:22 pm ... and yet another great video Will! Thanks, would you mind if I put the links onto my web site?

Ta

Simon
No problem Simon, Just one more to do.
Had problems in Photoshop trying to get the blue sky a nice blue :lol:
What great weather we had, awesome views up there.
Still waiting for the photos from the other members of the group!! Can't find cables, don't know how to upload !!!
Excuses, excuses !! :lol:
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

WillS wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:26 pm
The Spanish Biker wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:22 pm ... and yet another great video Will! Thanks, would you mind if I put the links onto my web site?

Ta

Simon
No problem Simon, Just one more to do.
Had problems in Photoshop trying to get the blue sky a nice blue :lol:
What great weather we had, awesome views up there.
Still waiting for the photos from the other members of the group!! Can't find cables, don't know how to upload !!!
Excuses, excuses !! :lol:
Ha ha, the usaul then! I must canvass the guys who've promised me images for the report/blog, I use www.wetransfer.com to send large/lots of files all zipped up. It's much easier just to get folks to send the whole lot, especially as sometimes people miss gems that they just don't see as they have their own 'memories' of the day ...

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

iceclimber

Post by iceclimber »

Thanks for the Vids Will, my GoPro bracketry broke when we were going through the Bardenas Reales on the way down & so I didn't get any vids at all, so really good to see yours.
Steve M
(on the Sertao.....)
IMG_20170909_121846396_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170909_121846396_HDR.jpg (158.5 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
IMG_20170909_114336120.jpg
IMG_20170909_114336120.jpg (110.79 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
IMG_20170909_115515039.jpg
IMG_20170909_115515039.jpg (141.56 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

Went past Teruel on the motorway on 23rd - Saturday lunchtime and the SNOWPLOUGHS had been out night/mornin before there was a bit still left on the verges of the motorway and the hilltops were white over. Have a safe trip. wish I was coming. Nice as sunny and warm today ( I am further south now}
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Mickdb1 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:02 pm Went past Teruel on the motorway on 23rd - Saturday lunchtime and the SNOWPLOUGHS had been out night/mornin before there was a bit still left on the verges of the motorway and the hilltops were white over. Have a safe trip. wish I was coming. Nice as sunny and warm today ( I am further south now}
It was the aftermath of a hail storm Mick. Some of Kevin told me about it after his new Spanish friends posted the storm on Facebook and here it is on the telly:

Up here in the Pyrenees we had lovely weather over the weekend - we were at the camping - but there has already been snow down to about 2,500 metres but it doesn't last.

Hope you have a great time down in Murcia - look out for floods again with your record ... :lol:

Regs

Simon

WillS

Post by WillS »

The Spanish Biker wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:51 am
Mickdb1 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:02 pm Went past Teruel on the motorway on 23rd - Saturday lunchtime and the SNOWPLOUGHS had been out night/mornin before there was a bit still left on the verges of the motorway and the hilltops were white over. Have a safe trip. wish I was coming. Nice as sunny and warm today ( I am further south now}
It was the aftermath of a hail storm Mick. Some of Kevin told me about it after his new Spanish friends posted the storm on Facebook

Up here in the Pyrenees we had lovely weather over the weekend - we were at the camping - but there has already been snow down to about 2,500 metres but it doesn't last.

Hope you have a great time down in Murcia - look out for floods again with your record ... :lol:

Regs

Simon
Pleased we missed that !! Would have been a disaster in the small tents, incredible the weather how it can change in a moment!!
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

WillS wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:28 amPleased we missed that !! Would have been a disaster in the small tents, incredible the weather how it can change in a moment!!
No worries with Decathlon's best, me scouting the HISS from the Terriente site back in June 2014:

Regs

Simon

WillS

Post by WillS »

Pleased I bought the Decathlon Tarpe then Simon, looks like it's been "WELL" tested in difficult and extreme conditions :D
iceclimber

Re: Autumn at the HISS: the Sierras of Teruel - GPS Questions

Post by iceclimber »

To fellow HISS travellers. Advice needed please.

When in Aragon this September, I felt at a distinct disadvantage not having some topo map info on a GPS. When on a track we often had to stop and consult google maps on the phone to see where we were & sometimes use the compass on my GPS. (a garmin 390 with western europe maps on it) It was a bit hit & miss at times .... :roll:

I presume what I actually need (& what some of you possibly have & used) is a GPS like a garmin montana / oregon etc.... with Topo spain V6 pro on a SD card. This I presume would have enabled me to put the tracks / routes on that Simon provided as GPX files and followed them.

So in readiness for next year i'm thinking of getting a (2nd hand) garmin montana / oregon and making sure that as a start, I have GB Discoverer V4 and start using it in the UK to get familiar with it.
Have I understood this correctly ? & any suggestions of best/good value models to look out for :ugeek:

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”