EDC On/Off Road, Jaca,Arguis,Huesca (Aragon) Spain: Free trails to download.

Where you've been and what you done
Nico-D

Re: EDC On/Off Road, Jaca,Arguis,Huesca (Aragon) Spain: Free trails to download.

Post by Nico-D »

WIBO wrote:Explored and open public trails to ride, share and download at your leisure, if you so desire.

Day 1

https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=17826164

Day 2
https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=17826179

Enjoy your riding.

:)
Thanks Wibo, appreciate you sharing these. Yet more trails to check out sometime . :)
I guess this area being lower and more arid (?) will be accessable in the cooler winter months too, unlike the main Pyrenees.
Tramp

Re: EDC On/Off Road, Jaca,Arguis,Huesca (Aragon) Spain: Free trails to download.

Post by Tramp »

Hi Wibo and any one else that knows :laugh: ....
how are the trails from jean pied to Espot at moment.....has the snow gone above 2000mtrs :woohoo: ...im due to leave in next two weeks and have only 10 days inc the ride down and back...had to change plans because of work and injury :whistle: ....
how is the weather on the french side too...considering spring was late to leave the region.
thanks in advance
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Nico-D wrote:
WIBO wrote:Explored and open public trails to ride, share and download at your leisure, if you so desire.

Day 1

https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=17826164

Day 2
https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=17826179

Enjoy your riding.

Thanks Wibo, appreciate you sharing these. Yet more trails to check out sometime . :)
I guess this area being lower and more arid (?) will be accessable in the cooler winter months too, unlike the main Pyrenees.

No problem with sharing open public trails.........I don't own the trails.........nor do the likes of vibracion ......they've just exploited same to charge people for what's already there before the 'net arrived.......no problem with that........see a need and fill a need, to make it convenient for others.

Yip...September is usually a kind of cut off point...it can rain a good lot in October......or not :)

Enjoy your ride.

Will It Buff Out?
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Tramp wrote:Hi Wibo and any one else that knows :laugh: ....

how are the trails from jean pied to Espot at moment.....has the snow gone above 2000mtrs :woohoo: ...im due to leave in next two weeks and have only 10 days inc the ride down and back...had to change plans because of work and injury :whistle: ....

how is the weather on the french side too...considering spring was late to leave the region.

thanks in advance
Hi Tramp

Snow mostly gone on high high. Col d'Aubisque still closed but majority of other passes open.

We had 30c a couple of days ago and now its at 13c so this time of year you can get the odd cycle like that. By the time you've left all should be well.

Try www.lachainemeteo.fr which is usually accurate and/or www.viewsurf.com to have a live look at cities' webcams before you leave each day WiFi depending.

St Jean Pied de Port...sorry no idea over that side at present.

Enjoy your ride.

Will It Buff Out?
scoobydidler

EDC On/Off Road, Jaca,Arguis,Huesca (Aragon) Spain: Free trails to download.

Post by scoobydidler »

Stunning photos, ace write up, cheers.
Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Cheers for sharing the trails Keith, I'm a big believer of sharing trails....why not share....if I knew how too download my trails anyone is welcome to mine. Might need
Nick's help with that though. Steve
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

chunky butt wrote:Cheers for sharing the trails Keith, I'm a big believer of sharing trails....why not share....if I knew how too download my trails anyone is welcome to mine. Might need
Yo Steve !

How's Portugal ? Fun I hope. Hope you've got that garmin plugged in, I'm going to be rummaging through those tracks....
looking forward to hearing about your travels...Maroc very soon ?

If you're still in Portugal and anywhere near a bar ( which is nearly everywhere in Portugal ) then check out "Constantino" brandy...I know you're a fan of cognac but this stuff blows it into the weeds imho :laugh: Also a wicked spirit called Medronho, made from the fruit of the strawberry tree ( Arbutus ) It's an eau de vie but really quite special....and potent !
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

WIBO wrote:
Tramp wrote:Hi Wibo and any one else that knows :laugh: ....

thanks in advance
Hi Tramp

Snow mostly gone on high high. Col d'Aubisque still closed but majority of other passes open.

We had 30c a couple of days ago and now its at 13c so this time of year you can get the odd cycle like that. By the time you've left all should be well.

Try www.lachainemeteo.fr which is usually accurate and/or www.viewsurf.com to have a live look at cities' webcams before you leave each day WiFi depending.

St Jean Pied de Port...sorry no idea over that side at present.

Enjoy your ride.

Hi Tramp, you'll have no problem with snow unless there's a freak storm, which can happen, but even then it'll be gone the next day.

But there was a huge snow storm in last April that brought down millions - and I mean millions! - of trees. The forestry folkf have cared almost every rail I've come across, including some extremely remote trails down here in Teruel, where the storm was less severe but bad enough evidently, - until last Friday when I had to reverse about a kilometre through a forest ...

But that won't be your problem a bike and you could have a good 'reason' to carry a machete! :whistle:

Enjoy your trip and pop by if you feel like it! (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

chunky butt wrote:Cheers for sharing the trails Keith, I'm a big believer of sharing trails....why not share....if I knew how too download my trails anyone is welcome to mine. Might need
I agree..... for vibracion and the likes, you can't expect to have no traffic when you actually sell maps of the public trails, in effect, charge people for something that's available already................which will obviously?..... Result in more traffic!!

Each map is another rider or group of riders.

If you want less traffic, don't take any money???...............didn't think so. :laugh: :laugh:

Will It Buff Out?
ARTICfox

Post by ARTICfox »

Fantastic photos and write up (thumbs)

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”