North Notts and Lincs Green Lane day out - Thank you

Where you've been and what you done
tuftywhite

North Notts and Lincs Green Lane day out - Thank you

Post by tuftywhite »

This really is a thank you to Mr Harvester Camm for a top day out green laning around Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire.

Harvester was on his CR250 (letter at the end, I've no idea, but very nice) and I was on my trusty old 1981 g/s. (The Alp is clean and up for sale so not being used)

Frankly, I've no idea where we went but we did about 60 miles and neither of us fell off.

Some were testing rutty ones where I had a few heavy breathing moments until it all came back together again. Others were tight single track, like being a kid again on a bicycle (which we did twice) and a couple were wide open tracks.

We got chatted up by a 73 year old lady in the middle of nowhere half way down a track. We were also advised by a Parish Council member that despite both ends of the track being byways, the middle few yards were footpath, despite the map or the Lincolnshire official map saying different. She did say that they have told the council. However, they were very pleasant and chatted with us (engines off) for quite a while.

We stopped for lunch at Byards Leap, near a big road, possibly the A15, then pushed on for a few more lanes before retiring to Grantham for tea and medals.

A great day out. Thanks Harv.
jkay

Re: North Notts and Lincs Green Lane day out - Thank you

Post by jkay »

Give us a shout next time pretty please B)

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”