PHILinFRANCE

Re: Jax Shack 'The Return'

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

(thumbs) Excelent vid mate , you gotta laugh :woohoo:
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Right, I see what has happened here.

I've never seen the old dog sporting that yellow jacket before so I reckon he duffed up Husky no'1 knowing damn well that he could then buy Husky no'2 in a nice yellow colour to match his new jacket :laugh:
one-legged adventurer
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

As the sun set on are last night, we settled down to another fantastic meal, topped off with some magic wine, which has the powers to turn unfunny jokes into absolute rib ticklers :laugh:
Thoughts soon turned to the leg home that was to be over 2 days, with no trails just the back roads and any twisties we could find on the way.
As Andy's bike was no more, deceased, dead, gone to meet it's maker, he was going to ride pillion on the 990 with all the luggage hanging off Hill Billy syle :huh:
After a few attempts of loading and rearranging things we managed to get it all on with the preload wound up to the max!
The first leg was a good 8 hours on the back roads with stops, as we had to get near enough to the port as Andy had booked a stupid o'clock ferry to get back for a party, those plans had changed, as was his ferry time to the same one as Gav and myself (thumbs)
But we still had the B&B booked so it was a 320 mile leg to a B&B called La Lune just to the west of Le Mans B)The 990 did really well for the amount of weight it had on and that's just Andy :laugh:
La Lune ticked all the boxes, secure bike parking, easy to get to, good food, nice people.
Also staying at the B&B were another couple, a father and daughter, who had come for a family reunion, the father was in his late seventies and came for Strasbourg so spoke both French and German and as my German is better than my French we got talking to the gentleman who's name was Albert about all sorts of random things, from the fact that his mother had lived there in the 1890's and he had played football this Arsène Wenger and there were 2 Charlies, we never did get to the bottom of that one :unsure:
There was a nice large pond ( I think its a fishing lake ) to sit around supping the odd glass of wine in the grounds of la Lune (thumbs)
Around 1000hrs we were all packed up and heading to the ferry, no route planned, just head north using the back roads and a compass, as we had most of the day to get there. (thumbs)
We stopped off at some of the Normandy beach sites before heading to the ferry and home B)
The weather was the same as it had been all week, absolutely fantastic B)
Andy putting on a brave face after a few days as pillion :P
In just a few hours we would be back in blighty and home. B)
The week, although we had a few mishaps, everyone had a great time and mucked in to help out when needed, so big thanks to Andy 9 wines and Gav for their great company and not forgetting our fantastic host that are Phil and Jax, Thank You. (thumbs)

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”