WK 400 Trail bikes head south for some RB5 fun

Where you've been and what you done
Bojer

Re: WK 400 Trail bikes head south for some RB5 fun

Post by Bojer »

To save me adding them up what was your total "mileage" for the trip Glenn ?
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

A great adventure and well documented, it should certainly change the mindset of a few Luddites to Chinese technology :whistle:

Sarge
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Well done to both of you,glad you had an excellent trip and thanks for sharing it with a cracking ride report and photos. You seemed to have highlighted any weak points on the bikes which seem trivial and easy to fix. A decent quality chain and steering head bearings and a bit of time and loctite on the fasteners and you have two very sorted and useable bikes.
Glenn_G

Post by Glenn_G »

'Well done to the both of you ,so whats the final verdict from you both on the bike?'
They've grown on me, does a lot of things alright, bit like a mini Transalp and for me its a good thing :laugh: It's a keeper for me.

'And finally Time to plan a mad mad mad forum revisit next year '
Good luck, sure you'll have a great time.
Glenn_G

Post by Glenn_G »

'To save me adding them up what was your total "mileage" for the trip Glenn ?'
1806 miles
videoman

Post by videoman »

Brilliant trip report and photos and just goes to show you don't have to spend a fortune to buy a bike capable of some serious mileage and off road riding.

Been looking at the prices new and find it hard to believe you can buy one of these bikes new for £2600 on the road. Test rode a XT660z this morning at double the price.
Glenn_G

Post by Glenn_G »

' You seemed to have highlighted any weak points on the bikes which seem trivial and easy to fix. A decent quality chain and steering head bearings and a bit of time and loctite on the fasteners and you have two very sorted and useable bikes.'
Yep, given more time & prep before I left, I could have probably avoided all my minor issues. But it's okay as it got me learning my new bike quickly and that's no bad thing.
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

thanks for a great report, makes me want to give it a try. as for the bikes a lot of people have lost more money in the first year than you spent . great bike for the money makes you wonder why we spend so much .
Bojer

Post by Bojer »

Glenn_G wrote:'To save me adding them up what was your total "mileage" for the trip Glenn ?'
1806 miles
No that can't be right Glenn , "everyone" knows Chinese bikes won't last 1000 miles :whistle: (thumbs)
Bojer

Post by Bojer »

videoman wrote: Been looking at the prices new and find it hard to believe you can buy one of these bikes new for £2600 on the road. Test rode a XT660z this morning at double the price.
At £2199 OTR they are a give away :silly: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182306523069? ... EBIDX%3AIT

15 years ago I sold my secondhand XR250 for £2000 ! :blink: I have been impressed with the bikes from my inspections and really can't see anything much wrong with them ,some nice bits where they have added things that would have increased the build cost - nylon chain rollers with bearings , inserts or captivenuts where the old Chinese bikes would just have a tapped hole , alloy silencers etc . So not just built down to the cheapest price .

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”