GSA's can go anywhere.......

Where you've been and what you done
Philiptigerrice

Re: GSA's can go anywhere.......

Post by Philiptigerrice »

Lol - right - I'm off camping in new new BMW Tent...

Laters!

:silly:
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
Cone

Post by Cone »

geoham wrote:I have to say I agree with all what Philiptigerrice has said.

like everyone on here we are entitled to our opinion's but come on let the guys ride what they want and enjoy themselves and give the old Beemer riders in whatever suit they might be wearing a break! (thumbs)
Who said all Beemer riders are old... :angry: I would die for a decent Twat suit i think its a dream but the missus won't let me spend that kind of money :dry:
Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

Philiptigerrice wrote:Lol - right - I'm off camping in new new BMW Tent...

Laters!

:silly:
Can I ask …Which Camping Chair you use :whistle: ;) (thumbs)
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

I haven't read all 9 pages but on the subject of BMWs, especially the 1200 GS, I noticed that often inexperienced riders or perhaps riders moving across from sports bikes perceive them as a go anywhere bike quite apart from rider experience or ability.

The combination of an inexperienced off road rider, new shiny 1200GS and road orientated trail tyres is a pretty dangerous one. In reality in my experience anyway, such a rider will ask to be taken back to the tarmac road once he's got a few paint scratches and broken a mirror which usually happens within the first half hour on easy going.

Experienced riders on properly prepared 1200 GS can indeed go most places if it's reasonably dry, but I do find even then the scratch factor often comes in to play.
rallymoto

Post by rallymoto »

done loads at sweet lamb now with all sorts of bikes BTW i ride an hp2
we know like it or not that the ktm is better everywhere than the bm off road ,

it wins everywhere i hate to say it ,
BUT the bm is just more rewarding to ride
ktm does alot for you ,the bm has to be worked to get feed back ....................

the point is ,it doesnt matter a toss what you ride as long as you do

ive done ktm days here at sweet lamb and they are great fun, with all abilitys turning up

tried to do some bm days but had little or no feed back
so dont know what to think about that !
But hey as long as you ride who gives a fuk what you do it on NOT ME for sure

great forum and some ace replys keep it up :-):-)
geoham

Post by geoham »

Great to see yet another positive reply on the subject (thumbs)
Thomas williams

Post by Thomas williams »

Sounds like you had a great day out . looking through the comments tho and there's some serious negative people in this group . You negative people seriously need to sort your heads out . It's a great little story on a great bike . Doesn't matter if he done it on a gold wing or what ever bike your all shouting about this week . The main thing is that he had fun and got a good story to tell . Take your negitivity somewhere else . Motorcycle's are for happy people. Thanks for the story by the way (thumbs)
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

Thomas williams wrote:Sounds like you had a great day out . looking through the comments tho and there's some serious negative people in this group . You negative people seriously need to sort your heads out . It's a great little story on a great bike . Doesn't matter if he done it on a gold wing or what ever bike your all shouting about this week . The main thing is that he had fun and got a good story to tell . Take your negitivity somewhere else . Motorcycle's are for happy people. Thanks for the story by the way (thumbs)
I absolutely agree with you Thomas.. but I have a simple philosophy in life about these people.... fuck'em.
jaz1259

Post by jaz1259 »

Well i say all credit to the guy having a go, shit happens sometimes. Whats the point of having a pristine GS better to have one with battle scars, anyway get the video up
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

Indeed. For those that go off road on the GS/GSA-I salute you

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”