best holiday tour

Where you've been and what you done
sven

Re: best holiday tour

Post by sven »

It's just unfortunate bike hire is so expensive :( We returned to the USA in 2014, but rented a Mustang convertible as it was only 25% of the cost of hiring a bike. We're doing the same this June out of San Francisco as the £1700 saving paid for the flights and hire car
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Maybe a bit closer to home that some suggestions here but I've found a really good rental business in Barcelona that rents Tigers out prepared for off-road use. A but heavy for the trans-pyrenean run but great for expliring here and in the rest of Spain.

The guy is called Anton and his business is called Rent-a-Tiger - sime really! (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Mike Wright

Post by Mike Wright »

I went for 3 months in the Civil War 2001 there and had no problems plus it was cheap. Hired a XR250 wich worked out at £3 for 24hrs. Find a local village and its £1 a night to sleep and the same for food. £1750 lasted me 3 months inc flights etc
motorbike

Post by motorbike »

Wow..perfect today for a canny scot
bigfoot

Post by bigfoot »

South Africa - fly in to Capetown and do the Garden Route - very affordable at the moment, excellent weather, friendly people and amazing varied scenery
Geomoo77

Post by Geomoo77 »

If you fancy something a bit exotic then Central Asia might work... You can hire XT600s from MuzToo.com (I think around $50 a day though might have gone up) in Osh in Kyrgyzstan. It costs about £550 return to Osh with Turkish Airlines. Kyrgyzstan is well set up for tourism with lots of traditional yurt stays up in the mountains... Enjoy!

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”