best holiday tour

Where you've been and what you done
motorbike

best holiday tour

Post by motorbike »

a few of us are thinking on a motorcycle rental tour ...any recomendation...any part of the world....prefer spectacular scenery but not touristy...can ruff it a bit if needed..cheers
Treadtrader

Re: best holiday tour

Post by Treadtrader »

If it's about scenery Norway is difficult to beat. (thumbs)
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I've never been a fan of many things American but on our first trip last year we were blown away by the place. Grand Canyon, Bryce, Xion, Death Valley, Yosemite, Bodie, Lake Tahoe and Pacific Coast Highway were all great. We were on our own fly/drive holiday but there were lots of organised bike tours doing the circuit, most of which were Harleys.
We did meet a solo KTM rider who was doing Alaska to South America and also a Dutch couple who were just finishing their 6 months US tour on their own bikes, they were all well travelled and rated the West Coast very highly. Yes it is touristy but I think anywhere with stunning scenery will be.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Mawnanian

Post by Mawnanian »

Tonibe63 wrote:I've never been a fan of many things American but on our first trip last year we were blown away by the place. Grand Canyon, Bryce, Xion, Death Valley, Yosemite, Bodie, Lake Tahoe and Pacific Coast Highway were all great. We were on our own fly/drive holiday but there were lots of organised bike tours doing the circuit, most of which were Harleys.
We did meet a solo KTM rider who was doing Alaska to South America and also a Dutch couple who were just finishing their 6 months US tour on their own bikes, they were all well travelled and rated the West Coast very highly. Yes it is touristy but I think anywhere with stunning scenery will be.
+1 some of the most dramatic scenery I've seen was in Utah, nothing like it in Europe. We toured the western states on hired bikes, not guided but still not a cheap option. If I did it again I'd seriously consider taking my own bike over. Between the tourist traps there's hundreds of miles of empty road and country to get lost in. Should be done at least once.
Selous

Post by Selous »

Latest months ABR Mag had artical about this & renting touring, worth a read.

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
geordy paul

Post by geordy paul »

Alaska. Just watch out for bears.
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

Andysr6

Post by Andysr6 »

Sri Lanka +1. also Bulgaria, particularly if you want to include trail riding.
sven

Post by sven »

Mawnanian wrote:
Tonibe63 wrote:I've never been a fan of many things American but on our first trip last year we were blown away by the place. Grand Canyon, Bryce, Xion, Death Valley, Yosemite, Bodie, Lake Tahoe and Pacific Coast Highway were all great. We were on our own fly/drive holiday but there were lots of organised bike tours doing the circuit, most of which were Harleys.
+1 some of the most dramatic scenery I've seen was in Utah, nothing like it in Europe. We toured the western states on hired bikes, not guided but still not a cheap option. If I did it again I'd seriously consider taking my own bike over. Between the tourist traps there's hundreds of miles of empty road and country to get lost in. Should be done at least once.
+2 Bryce Canyon, Arches NP, Canyonlands, Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde, Monument Valley, Death Valley, Yellowstone etc. are truly mind blowing B)

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread ... h-West-USA
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

sven wrote: +2 Bryce Canyon, Arches NP, Canyonlands, Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde, Monument Valley, Death Valley, Yellowstone etc. are truly mind blowing B)
I really fancy this after just finishing Oisin Hughes' videos.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”