Six Pyrenean Passes

Where you've been and what you done
Simon_100

Six Pyrenean Passes

Post by Simon_100 »

Hi,

I've just spent a lovely day testing my new Wilbers rear shock absorber - after waiyng five weeks for it to arrive :angry:

But maybe all was worthwhile.
Here's the ride on my blog.

Enjoy!

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Harty

Re: Six Pyrenean Passes

Post by Harty »

Hi Simon

I'm just planning a trip across the length of the Pyrenees next year for 8 - 10 of us on varying bikes from a DRZ400, XR400, G650X(Mine :) ), KTM 640 etc. We plan to ride all 'off road' for 10 days and wild camping. On day 5 we hope to stay in a hotel/campsite with a pool, bar, showers :whistle:

I'll be looking at your blog with interest as you have some good routes, so I might be in touch for some help :woohoo:

Cheers
Harty
.....eat my dirt!
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Hi Harty,

Good ideas for your trip - and the right bikes!

As ypu may already know I'm trying to get a 'project' together to find off road routes al the way along the Pyrenees, based on everyone sharing their knowledge. There are a couple of guys on board already, but it's complicated as each region has its own rules (more on this soon I propmise!) and also issues about common mapping standards, etc. But I'm sure it'll be worth the effort.

As for the on-road route I know for sure that a group from this forum did it in sixe days, including to and from Santander, and loiked the result!

If I manage to reach 'escape velocity' from my domestic and business commitments I'm off on my Tour de España on Tuesday. When in fact I'll have more time to work on the blog as a whole as well as report my trip in its own right!

Meanwhile thanks for the kind words.

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Yes well, er, OK - there are seven passes. Maths never was my top subject! :evil:

Simon (very sleepy after long holiday weekend!)

WillS

Post by WillS »

The Spanish Biker wrote:Hi,

I've just spent a lovely day testing my new Wilbers rear shock absorber - after waiyng five weeks for it to arrive :angry:

Enjoy!

Simon
Cannot see it Simon it comes back with "Not Found, Error 404"
Will
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

WillS wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:Hi,

Enjoy!

Simon
Cannot see it Simon it comes back with "Not Found, Error 404"
Will
Yes I know Will. That's what I said on our FB chat. I've no idea why this post was deleted, I'm sure I didn't do it!

But ... I've found the video! (thumbs)

Bearing in mind that no-one seems ti be able ti see <youtubes here the days - including me! . her's the link in 'code':

https://www.

youtube.com/

watch?v=xSdwAVCqN-o

You just have to put the link together again ...

Regs

Simon

Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

5 weeks to deliver it, I would of brought it down if you had of asked :whistle:

I love my Wilbers (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Redmurty wrote:5 weeks to deliver it, I would of brought it down if you had of asked :whistle:

I love my Wilbers (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
I didn't know you then darling ... :whistle:

Regs

Simon

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”