Desierto Gorafe

Where you've been and what you done
Per W

Re: Desierto Gorafe

Post by Per W »

Lairyskippy wrote:Looks great, there's a bit very like that near me in the Sierra Espuna and around the Mazarron area. Tracks are easy to ride and go on forever. I might have to pop over to the Gorafe area and have a look for myself.
You have good tracks all the way from Mazarron via Puerto Lumbreras and Sierra de Baza all the way to Gorafe. :woohoo:
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

Cheers, I think I'd best go try them!
Per W

Post by Per W »

Looking forward to your RR or a few pics, Lairyskippy! (thumbs)
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Hi,

I'd like to visit next year on my way to or from Morocco. So that's either late Feb7early March of early April.

Two questions:

Is one time preferable to the other scenery wise - in the Los Monegros for example you get spectaculay wild flowers in April?

Is there a trail that passes right through suitable for fully laden bikes? I'll be on my X-Country and may be accompanied by a mate on a Tiger? We'll both probably have intermediate tyres - I have Heidenau scouts.

Otherwise is there a good cheap base to explore from?

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Per W

Post by Per W »

Simon,

I don't know of any particular time that is more scenic than others, but July and August is very hot - but I guess you know all about that.

There is only one hotel in the village and it's great and cheap, and a natural place for a "base camp".

Hotel Rosalía  

Adress: Calle Granada, 29, 18890 Gorafe, Granada, Granada, Spanien
Telefon:+34 958 69 31 84

You can travel the area on dirt roads with a Tiger and you can do most of the ramblas too. No problem to see and travel the desert on a bigger bike, but obviously some of the smallest tracks we been on won't be possible to ride.

Good luck on your trip!

Per
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Looks like an amazing place :) Thanks for posting.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Thanks for the accommodation and other hints Per, I like the idea of having a base at Gorafe for a few days after a long slog down from the Pyrenees (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”