BOSNIA AND BACK ..........A BRICKIES TALE

Where you've been and what you done
PHILinFRANCE

Re: BOSNIA AND BACK ..........A BRICKIES TALE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

We dropped out of the woods ..................nowhere !!! on an unamed road and came across "Izys caffe bar" much to all our relife :woohoo:

The coffee wad awfull tasted like it was made from Skunks ainal hair !!!! but it was hot :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

At this point being the appointed spokes man i was approched by an Old Russian soilder , pissed as a newt but wanted to talk !!!

WELL being completelt EFFLUENT in Russian i sat back and listened to his tale :whistle:

Great old lad really and i did glean he'd served in Afganistan and loved Vodka ....but he was happy.......should of got a pic with him

Pulled into a gas station later and asked about digs , even though it had stopped raining i wanted a bed !!! €10 a night .....not worth putting a tent up

I'd been struggleing along with my worn out front so changed it here for a new TKC.....heaven (thumbs)

That morning i was still a little down in the dumps ......this bloody illness !!! and told the other two as we were near Plitvica Lakes i was going to have a look , we all ended up going and followed back roads to them.

Got to the lakes and instead of paying to get in and fight our way through the hundereds of Japanesse tourists !!!!
So just poked me head through the woods :whistle: but you'll get the idea ;)

This day looked like it was going to stay dry (thumbs)

And the first trail looked promising

IT DID RAIN :( ..............its on vid and they're still loading :(

The trail was outstanding even with the rain but very cold , must be getting high up !! the clouds cleared to reveal the rest of the route down this valley to the distant Mts :woohoo:

The rain kept rolling and bloody fast this is any ordinary cloud .....it's a mini storm all of its own !!! never seen weather like it !!

more later !!!!
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

Excellent Phil
Elle

Post by Elle »

Real shame about the weather. It's been P'ing down in Yorkshire too - usually within 5 minutes after getting home from work :angry:

Loving the tale & glad you've got company :)
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Back to harsh reality

These signs are literally everywhere ...........frightening , i'd read up a little before leaving France and over 1300 people have died due to mines since the end of the war and 6 this year alone !!!

..............We trully don't know how lucky we are.......................

On a lighter note, did i mention it rained !!!!!!!

Phin even had a brolly !!!!

It struck me as a very old country , it must be unbelivable when the sun shines !!

A , sadly not uncommon site burnt out and shelled

Further down the hill we ran into a main.....ish road with the likes of a truck stop and got the BIGGEST CHEESE BURGERS we'd ever seen €3 (thumbs)

Back on the trail the SUN CAME OUT B) and we ran into a small farmsted

The owners came out to greet us and guess who had to do the talking ?????

Great !!! so i went into fluent spanenglishfrenerman !!! but understood one word "SHNAPPS"
Great folk Shnapps , coffee , cake and walnuts form our very proud Serbian hosts

The picnic pic looks lovely and dry and it was but ones nether regions where very damp :S so i asked about a hotel and was told of "The 3 Guns" in Knin :whistle: turned out another €10 a night and very good.

Bikes parked under bedroom window out back where the animals were slaughtered !!!

Sheep and Pig cooking over breakfast on hotel terrasse

Been writing all this time thinking we were in Bosnia but we were just running down the border !!!
Anyway we crossed into Bosnia in the morning

Looking back across Croatia to the sea all looks good

Inland was slightly differant !!!!
Nicko

Post by Nicko »

Keep em coming Phil.....I can't imagine what happens next, oh hang on....does it rain? Still looks like you are having a good time.

Nick
felco

Post by felco »

Great , thanks for taking time out to post, made my night mate.look forward to the rest of the trip. (thumbs)
chico

Post by chico »

brilliant..... (thumbs) (thumbs)
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Climbing higher and higher our fates were in Phins hands !!! but even he relented on the tops and donned another layer, i still can't belive how cold it was !!!

We reached the trail and turned south , a completely differant ride , wide open rolling meadows for miles

The wild life was worth a pic :whistle:

There's not much in this pic but theres was a lot of snow still on the tops

The sky threatend but stay off, this trip was turning out be be one of VERY LOWS and VERY HIGHS ...........today was turning into a HIGH (thumbs)

The small valleys or dells no this trail were truly beautiful but full of hidden nasties!!!!
The long grass had lots of those "little have you off branches", melon sized polished stones and the lush fertile soil was like slime for the big bikes :whistle:

Phin herewas gesturing he only wanted one !!!!i still don't know "one what" :whistle:

I'd been enjoying the capabiliy of the K60 untill here :S

From memory that trail was a good 25kms + (thumbs) here we checked the packs as its amazing how stuff loosens up

more later
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

The nearer we came to the border , which is obvious i suppose, we encountered more and more sights like this

These high logging trails were fast and easy

The storms that past and were still passing through this region were evident everywhere , didn't get any pics but there were massive swaves of pine forest with all the top 2 or 3 m snapped off !!! looked like some giant had gone through with a massive sythe

We had our own little logging saga and Steve got to try his saw out :laugh:

Only took 30mins to over come but it got worse so ended up back tracking

PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Did i mention it RAINED !!!!

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”