Touratech rally 2014

Where you've been and what you done
alphadog

Re: Touratech rally 2014

Post by alphadog »

big thanks to all the guys who organised the touratech event,my only focus was to get in some off road riding at the arena. i had a brilliant time, the touratech team at the arena were very helpful and their ride outs were great.
going out with nick plumb was a great experience, that guy certainly took no prisoners and made the small group that tagged along with him ,work like hell !
it was great to be back riding after a 3 year lay off. the old 1150 gs i bought felt like "home" in no time.

IMG_0716.JPG
IMG_0716.JPG (80.67 KiB) Viewed 906 times
lonepilgrim

Post by lonepilgrim »

Any pics?
ABR Welsh Rally Brecon Beacons 2012

HUBB Donington Park 2013

ABR Exmoor Rally 2013

Member of the Kawasaki Riders Club

My bikes: 1995 Kawasaki KLX 250 E3

1989 Kawasaki Tengai KL650 B1

Previous bikes: 2009 Yamaha YZF R125 Fiat Team / Rossi Replica
alphadog

Post by alphadog »

sadly I didn't take any pix, that the first time ever for me :(
there was a bmw media guy who was on the out rides with us ,he set up some cool pix and also got a little action !
i would have thought that they would have posted up on the touratech site but so far nothing. I am a little disappointed.
must say that overall I am surprised at the lack of feedback on the various forums regarding the event. I would have thought that the guys on the big adventure bikes would have gone nuts for the opportunity to ride at the arena. there couldn't have been more than ten guys riding big bore adventure bikes the whole weekend.
in regard to pix, I will sort out some from south Africa [I have been in the uk for 3 yrs now,]and make up an interesting bunch so you can see what the big bore bikes re used for over there.
Barnman

Post by Barnman »

It was a great day at Walters arena. I did the ride out with Nick at Walters arena and really enjoyed it although it was hard work, trying to keep up! Like me, I think a few had a ride up from the Taffy Dakar.

Nick really showed what the GS1200 WC is capable of in the right hands

Desmo666 has a few pictures on this thread

photos
desmo666

Post by desmo666 »

nick plumb, what a legend. Really enjoyed the rides, the big bike ride was still fun, the ride with nick was intense at times, and the ride on the new huskys....well i got off with aching everything but a huge grin on my face.
I was the guy on the ktm 400, my friend was behind nick on the husky 610 and our friend Kyle was a little further back on a crm, he had a couple of topples i believe.
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/desmo6 ... KAR%202014
the link is to my pics from the taffydakar and walters arena

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”