a Road tour on a Harley oh dear!

Where you've been and what you done
Dazzer

Re: a Road tour on a Harley oh dear!

Post by Dazzer »

Well apart from 2 other friends I only saw one nice Honda at the Cafe in Hawes last Saturday. Not another bike did we see all day.

The weather was quite bad from about 11am on , very wet and windy and because my Big Trail bike was still at the dealers I took my HD out for a run.

Believe it or not to get to the spot where I took the photo I did not have to fit a set of off road tyres or any Tourtech parts or carry extra fuel :kiss: .

Were Looking forward to meeting some Adventure bike riders. I'm sure we wont have to wait long now as spring is just around the corner and that will mean they will be putting their ADV mags away and all the bling bought since September will have by now been bolted to the bike and soon it will pulled out of the conservatory ,loaded with kit and then out for a quick blast around the lanes . :whistle: . see you soon. (thumbs) Dazzer

Tenere Mart

Post by Tenere Mart »

lol...lol ...lol
MART
lmg

Post by lmg »

Dazzer wrote:Image
smashing photo (thumbs)
Cheers,

Leigh (LMG)

utaka

Post by utaka »

dazzer, If we have a wet spring we won't see them!
misterlaffer

Post by misterlaffer »

The Harley twin-cam V-Twin is unbreakable. I wouldn't have any qualms about choosing one for this kind of tour. I've owned two of 'em in the past, and to assume you only see Harley's on a sunny day is a myth, they ride 'em all year round and there's as many sunny day riders on GS's as there are on Harleys with almost as many obsessing over bolt on bits to make 'em look better too. I traded my Harley Dyna because:

1. Better performance, I like a more acceleration in a bike these days.
2. Better Suspension. No brainer there.
3. Lighter clutch. Harley insist on using cable clutch not hydraulic.
4. Better build quality, Harley's are dire with a bit of road salt on them. When you consider they come from one of the coldest states in the union, they are unable to build bikes that can be ridden in the winter without fifteen coats of ACF whatever plastered all over them, stinking of Scottoiler F365 and still you'll see the bike disintegrate before your very eyes!
5. Inflated spares price. £300.00 for a 2ft exhaust down-pipe and £150.00 for a switch means you are not only living the American Dream, you are paying for it thru the nose .

But all in all the only thing wrong with a Harley is the stupid price considering one third of the bike comes from China !

But that V-Twin, hmm I miss that V-Twin rumble, so much fun (thumbs)
skipper

Post by skipper »

Two wheels - good man
SIM1

Post by SIM1 »

Dazzer wrote:Well apart from 2 other friends I only saw one nice Honda at the Cafe in Hawes last Saturday. Not another bike did we see all day.

The weather was quite bad from about 11am on , very wet and windy and because my Big Trail bike was still at the dealers I took my HD out for a run.

Believe it or not to get to the spot where I took the photo I did not have to fit a set of off road tyres or any Tourtech parts or carry extra fuel :kiss: .

Were Looking forward to meeting some Adventure bike riders. I'm sure we wont have to wait long now as spring is just around the corner and that will mean they will be putting their ADV mags away and all the bling bought since September will have by now been bolted to the bike and soon it will pulled out of the conservatory ,loaded with kit and then out for a quick blast around the lanes . :whistle: . see you soon. (thumbs) Dazzer

I will be camping and riding in the Dales this weekend at a site you know pretty well (thumbs)
mr cc

Post by mr cc »

Nice pic Dazzer.
That terrain looks a bit tricky,did you ride the harley stood on the pegs with rigid arms and legs,with your butt stuck out?
Also what type of helmet cam did u need? ;)
Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

Hi, Mr CC.

I kept sat down due to being in Arseless Chaps it gets a bit cold this time of the year having your tackle blowing in the wind.

Many will know I'm a Techno Bling freak and like to have the most up to date equipment that will allow me to catch every second of action when out riding on the Piste .

Here is a photo !

mr cc

Post by mr cc »

Nice helmet cam, Dazzer.
What brand of chaps do you recommend, any pics? ;)

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”