Ride up in the lakes (ok, so dave beat me to posting)

Where you've been and what you done
BSharp

Ride up in the lakes (ok, so dave beat me to posting)

Post by BSharp »

Well ok I should of been a bit quicker with this as big dave has put his up all ready :unsure: Any way here goes:

So I had the weekend off this weekend and was finishing work couple hours early on friday too so thought I would head off up to the lakes for a ride. Also I wanted to give my new bikeit bar muffs a try. So I booked in at the YHA in Keswick (couldnt be bothered with carrying all the stuff for camping and setting up etc.) and pack my top box up with camera and cloths, and went to bed. Got up in the morning to go to work and found my battery had gone flat... right quick boost and straight to work. After a bit of checking as I had suspected my battery was indeed foooked (I had suspected it was on its way out for a while) lucky I had one in stock in the workshop, so on it went and then I was ready for the off after work.

Finished work then shot off up to the lakes no pictures here sorry needed to get their befor it was too late.

So next morning I head out on my bike planning on doing Hardnott,Wynross,Kirkstone, and pop in and have a look at NT's Langdale campesite. Waterproofs are out straight away as its lightly spitting before I get to the bike! Jumped on and headed off to Ambleside down A591. Made a nice little pit stop for a pic for you guy,

Heres one to try show how nice and dry road is (and I also just want to practice trying to take nice pics)

Got to Ambleside then headed off down the A593 and off towards Langdale,

Got to Langdale and had a look around, it looks very nice and peacefull, one for the future I think. Then back on the bike and headed off up Hardnott Pass, the way up,

Nice little view

Then what was to come just round the corner from this their was a cow stood in the road made me laugh,

Just after the the cow :)

Time to head down towards the start of Wynross

Hmmmm ok so after a bit of thought I decide not to chance it, after all I had almost 200 miles to ride home :blink:

So off back towards Abmbleside and up Kirkstone pass, plenty of snow up here but road was still nice and ride able, so had to get a couple of nice pictures

Then up along the side of Ulswater and back round to Keswick after spotting Big Dave coming the other way :laugh: Then I had a look around the market to find the stall that sells sheepskins had one mixed in with them all reduced to £25 from £50 so I thought yeh I'll have that and see if its as good as every one says so. It is very thick and sits brill on my seat looks like it was actually cut for my bike :laugh:

Well after doing 190 miles on it today I can say that they are as good as people say and so are bar muffs, I would recomend heated grips to go with the bar muffs as I found one of mine working the other not so good comparison :P

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed it. BSharp
anthony29040

Re: Ride up in the lakes (ok, so dave beat me to posting)

Post by anthony29040 »

thats brill because i was thinking of buying a sheep skin,cheers mate :)
africajim

Post by africajim »

Brilliant report, glad to see someone else out on the roads as bad as they are at this time of the year!

Brought back great memories of when I went out on that roads during the Boil rally last year!

Thanks for sharing.
Honda, the power of dreams.
chillidave

Post by chillidave »

Got caught out in the Durham Dales today. God it was bloody cold.
BSharp

Post by BSharp »

Looks good good to see more bikes out!!
Gary117

Post by Gary117 »

Great report and pics.
It really is a nice part of the country for biking with some stunning views. :)
2011 Yamaha XT660Z Tenere
Big Dave

Post by Big Dave »

Hi Bsharp, and forgive me i don't remember passing you, but then again i'm usually looking at all the stuff that i shouldn't when ridding.
Next time you go get up Whinlater and Honister Passes.
Nice pic's
and great to see i'm not the only idiot out an about.

BD
Shiney side up
tea007

Post by tea007 »

great story so glad i moved to the adventure side

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”