Saturday run in the NE of Scotland

Where you've been and what you done
africajim

Saturday run in the NE of Scotland

Post by africajim »

Well, bridges to be found for a few pics so set off in the morning, blue skies and sunshine but quite cold. Left Elgin and headed south to Rothes, first bridge, the Craigellachie bridge built by Telford in 1814 then on the Aberlour and followed the Spey valley until the Dalnashach hotel and forked off to Glenlivet to my next bridge, the packhorse bridge in Bridge end of Glenlivet. Up through Tomnavoulin and on to Tomintoul. I had my first caper offroad in the snow here, was good fun until I stuck the Beemer on a steep bank!
Onwards to Grantown on Spey and followed the river downstream to Ballindalloch on the west bank. Over the hill to Dallas via a small interlude into the forest! I saw a brilliant waterhole to ride through but as I was alone decided it was best left to a day in company! I then headed back into Elgin and round past the local dealer for a quick look. Then home for a warm cup of soup and a roll! A good day was had, here's the pics;

snow.jpg
snow.jpg (233.12 KiB) Viewed 1283 times
Logs.jpg
Logs.jpg (319.29 KiB) Viewed 1283 times
Honda, the power of dreams.
LargeWayRound

Re: Saturday run in the NE of Scotland

Post by LargeWayRound »

Nice One Jim

Aye was fine out today, very mucky though.

I came home with smiles and now BBQ ..

Cheers
appleby

Post by appleby »

The mighty Varadero must be sulking & dreaming of spring by now Jim?

Just 3 months now & I will be back up in the big country! :woohoo:
africajim

Post by africajim »

I had the Varadero running around christmas, it's snuggled up in its winter bed! Another couple of months to go yet.I wait until the salt gets washed off the road. Spent long enough over the yrs stripping those nissin brake calipers on my @T's!
The Ickle Beemer gets me around, not half the bike the Mighty Varadero is but it is a good hack. Two months now and not a spot of rust on it!!
Aye, we'll all be back touring around again, sooner the better for me! Let us know when you're coming up and we'll meet up somewhere mate.
Honda, the power of dreams.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”