Around the world by CCM

Where you've been and what you done
FMFox

Around the world by CCM

Post by FMFox »

Hi All,

I'm posting here to encourage interested parties to follow my blog and adventures around the world next year. Please take a look at our website www.mudandknobblies.co.uk , the more followers we can get on various social networking sites the more awareness we can raise for our chosen charity; The Muscular Dystrophy Campaign and the more interest we can raise for our trip.

Over the last year we have been seeking advice and finding out all we can to help us get around the world by motorcycle and now we're 6 and a half months away from our expected departure date of the 1st April 2013.

Our route takes us away from Bristol heading south east towards the Balkans where the adventure really begins taking in Montenegro, Albania, Macedonia, then Turkey. After Turkey we go into the Former soviet countries starting in Georgia we head north going into Russia for the first time lapping the following the Caspian coast we explore the wilderness of the Kazakh Steppe heading for Uzbekistan and the Pamirs Highway (if the the problems in the Khorog highlands finish). Then we head north to Almaty going back in to Russia before getting deliberately lost (well kind of) in Mongolia. When we head up back into russia we'll attempt the BAM road before getting to Vladivostok.

In late August Liz's Brother is getting married in New York If we're all going to plan we'll attend that wedding before the bike arrive in Canada, where we should be granted Work and Travel Visas and we intend to get employment in a ski resort over the winter before heading south to Argentina, from there who knows...

Our chosen steeds are CCM SR40 motorcycles, we chose them after ignoring a lot of advice from people, just on the basis of seat height as Liz is only 5'3" with little legs, but also they look pretty awesome too. We've had masses of help from Gabriel at Zen Overland in getting them ready for travel.

Anyway we'd really like you to follow our adventures by visiting our website, http://www.mudandknobblies.co.uk, following us on http://www.facebook.com/mudandknobblies or either https://twitter.com/f_m_Fox or https://twitter.com/bitterlemon83 on twitter.

Once on the road we'll hope to keep you all updated with regular blogs etc.

currently traveling the world on a CCM SR40
Elle

Re: Around the world by CCM

Post by Elle »

the bikes are lovely and ideal for your trip
best of luck! :)
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Great stuff, looking forward to following you on your adventures.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

The very best of luck to you both, I know of your plans through Gabe. Are you planning any kind of send-off from Bristol? If so I'll pop along to wish you bon voyage.

cheers, Bob.
one-legged adventurer
FMFox

Post by FMFox »

Hi Bob,

We're hoping to organise something before we go, We'd like to make it a fundraiser for the Muscular Dystrophy Campagain. However in reality this may not be possible as organising getting on the road is much more important.

Thanks

lonepilgrim

Post by lonepilgrim »

+1 for a send off at Bristol ... Few soft drinks and nibbles on a table next to the start line?
ABR Welsh Rally Brecon Beacons 2012

HUBB Donington Park 2013

ABR Exmoor Rally 2013

Member of the Kawasaki Riders Club

My bikes: 1995 Kawasaki KLX 250 E3

1989 Kawasaki Tengai KL650 B1

Previous bikes: 2009 Yamaha YZF R125 Fiat Team / Rossi Replica
Paul

Post by Paul »

The trip sounds amazing, I am not in the least bit jealous :whistle:
I look forward to following your adventure.
FMFox

Post by FMFox »

Here's a little update about what we've been up tot over the last month, I have to say I'm really please the way Liz is over coming her confidence issues in on the muddy stuff:

http://www.mudandknobblies.co.uk/startu ... ber-update

Fantastic Mrs Fox

Post by Fantastic Mrs Fox »

Has been taking a while to get over my confidence issues with green laning still have A LOT to learn so very much looking forward to our day with Black Desert Training at the end of the month!
JENKS

Post by JENKS »

That sounds a fantastic trip, I'll be following with interest.

Andrew

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”