Pyrenees Trails

Where you've been and what you done
Kirky1298

Re: Pyrenees Trails

Post by Kirky1298 »

Hi,
Thanks for the replies folks , I'll be riding my old Dommie pictured below and have some experience of trail riding .
Problem is, I'm off work on holiday in April and probably won't be able to get it changed and it's a fair old trek down from Scotland if the weather isn't going to be good.

Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

Lovely looking Dommie Kirky

Are there any places to get a ferry to Bilbao?
Sand Rover

Post by Sand Rover »

great pictures

thanks
Kirky1298

Post by Kirky1298 »

Can get the boat from Plymouth or Portsmouth but it's a 500 mile slog to get there anyway and it's not cheap for the boat.
My mate and I are in the process of building a bike trailer from an old Alko caravan chassis and just figured we would be as well to drive the extra 750 miles or so from Calais.

Thanks for the comments on the bike.
It's a 1988 RD02 with 23000 mls on the clock and I gave it a ground up restoration about 3 years ago before selling it to a friend, I have just recently came back into possession of it and spent another £600 bringing it up to scratch.
It wouldn't be my first choice for trail riding due to the weight, suspension limitations and exhaust noise but I figured it would be better than wrecking my V-Strom on the hard trails.
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

Enjoy, take care and post lots of pictures !

You know what we're like around here
tendays

Post by tendays »

Watch out for French rules about trailers - I seem to remember they have more regulations than the UK - something about them needing a manufacturer's plate stating weight limits etc. Might be annoying if you get there to be told you can't use your homemade trailer in France.

I've ridden to Pyrennees and trailered it on separate trips. IMHO trailer is the way to go, esp if you have 2 or 3 drivers so you can go non-stop. More time on the trails.

Good luck with the trip.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”