East Anglia Bimblers ride out.

Where you've been and what you done
Jimbike

Re: East Anglia Bimblers ride out.

Post by Jimbike »

I subscribe to the observer effect where observing an action can change the outcome.

It seems the act of wearing a camera is enough to cause an off. :whistle:

So when trail riding I tend to close my eyes to avoid observing myself just to be safe :unsure:
If you have eaten your breakfast, clean your bowl.
Jimbike

Post by Jimbike »

So maybe what Scouse should have done here was close his eyes and turn off the camera.

[video][/video]

[video][/video]
scouse

Post by scouse »

Yes yes... just refering to them would have sufficed ;)
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Jimbike

Post by Jimbike »

A picture paints a thousand words, a video, a million.

Besides, I know if you were bashful ( sic) about it you wouldn't have posted them on YouTube. It's no good getting shy now. :blush:

I think it must be some sort of quantum effect with video cameras causing localised earthquakes :silly:
scouse

Post by scouse »

Jimbike wrote:A picture paints a thousand words, a video, a million.

Besides, I know if you were bashful ( sic) about it you wouldn't have posted them on YouTube. It's no good getting shy now. :blush:

I think it must be some sort of quantum effect with video cameras causing localised earthquakes :silly:
If I hadn't Jules would have... she reckons that the helmet cam was the best birthday present she has ever bought me... hmmm. :laugh:
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Paul C wrote:
And Paul... nope no helmet cams... ask Jimbike why
OK... Jimbike, please explain?
How about a ride, camp, ride, camp, ride type trip out or one during my many school holidays so not pressed to head home.
I don't do camp riding :whistle: and even a multi-night camping tour could be tricky for me: kids off from school and Dad buggers off? It's not going to happen, not for a while anyway.
:lol: the camp riding comment!
If you want to do a night or two tell Mrs C it's the law, :lol: it might work on her you never know, and if that fails tell her it's good for daddy's relationship with the children, absense making the heart grow fonder.
Thanks for posting the pictures, which reminded me of how slippery it was around the castle, I think crampons should heve been the order of the day.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
James691

Post by James691 »

great pics and ride report :) looks like a fun day out!!
Dancing in the moonlight
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

Hi Paul
My tyres are Michelin Siracs, they are standard on the XT660Z. They ok, but not real mud pluggers.
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

dusi

Post by dusi »

Poor ole Scouse, the camera never lies, but it never really shows how steep the gradient is either, what worries me is I've just bought one, you did sound knackerd tho Scouse?
James you have a talent for understatement, "not really mudpluggers"!!! HaHa enjoying the ride report n banter, regards DropoutDus!
scouse

Post by scouse »

dusi wrote:Poor ole Scouse, the camera never lies, but it never really shows how steep the gradient is either, what worries me is I've just bought one, you did sound knackerd tho Scouse?
James you have a talent for understatement, "not really mudpluggers"!!! HaHa enjoying the ride report n banter, regards DropoutDus!
Naw wasn't as steep as people think it was... :whistle:

But the breathless thing was worrying me at the time, that and a dizzy spell at the Rifugio and a couple when I got back home. Quacks finally submitted me for the blood test I have been requesting for 3 years and they confirmed I have pernicious anaemia, so currently having massive doses of B12 pumped into me ... got scared that might have been my last time in the Alps, but like General McArthur, I will return! !

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”