Best campsites Germany? Advice please.

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
LayerLass

Post by LayerLass »

We are off to Germany next month for a couple of weeks touring on the Tiger. Wondered if any of you had any campsites or places of interest you would recommend? We will be entering Germany via Belgium, heading for Koblenz, then following the Rhine down to the Black Forest, then along the southern border to Berchtesgaden National Park then loop back round to Heidelberg. Any photos would be much appreciated too :)
GOG 007

Re: Best campsites Germany? Advice please.

Post by GOG 007 »

Send Nick (Snaphappy) a PM he is resident in Germany, ex squaddie, he knows loads of campsites, a few of which we experienced on The Dambusters Rally last year, and will again this year, do a search and you will find pictures of last years rally, have fun :)
moto al

Post by moto al »

hi have a look at the thread ,best german and french roads for some tips .cheers al
moto al
GlosterBoy

Post by GlosterBoy »

LayerLass wrote: We will be entering Germany via Belgium, heading for Koblenz
Going to the 'Ring by chance? :whistle: It's well worth a visit, and the price of a lap is dropping due to the falling euro :evil:
itchyfeet

Post by itchyfeet »

you could pick up the D5oo just outside Wurzburg near Koblenz. Its called the romantic road, goes all the way dow to Neu Schwanstein (chitty chitty bang bang castles) there loads of camsites en route. Never booked, just stayed when I was tired. Heidleberg has a good site overlooking the river, head towards the railway station, the area is called the nettertal. Campfires allowed, decent cafe and its on the bus route to town.
Selous

Post by Selous »

Go to the ACSI web site has loads of campsites and gives you a discription of each

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
Passing Phase

Post by Passing Phase »

I use the ACSI book costs about £12 then I downloaded from there web site all the campsites on to my zumo. Then when you get to an area you whant to stop just puLl up the nearest site have a quick look in the book to se if it will suit you and off you go
Selous

Post by Selous »

Passing Phase wrote:I use the ACSI book costs about £12 then I downloaded from there web site all the campsites on to my zumo. Then when you get to an area you whant to stop just puLl up the nearest site have a quick look in the book to se if it will suit you and off you go
ACSI now have a App which I dl for my I Phone works well

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com

Return to “TRAVEL”