Camping in Northern Holland

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
I of the strom

Camping in Northern Holland

Post by I of the strom »

I'll be in North Holland in late June/early July and will catch the GP. :) Does anyone have information and/or knowledge of camping and the costs in the area. Have been doing web searches but keep coming up with details for large tents, large numbers of people, facilities like hook-ups etc. included, and seasonal pitch rentals !!! I just need somewhere for me 'n' the bike and a little touring tent, to pitch up somewhere East of Assen (around Gasselternijveen). Anyone out there with first hand knowledge ? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Selous

Re: Camping in Northern Holland

Post by Selous »

Mate go here pick a location then camp site phone up or look at there own website http://www.eurocampings.co.uk/en/europe/

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
Mul001

Post by Mul001 »

Can be moderately more expensive than the UK. If you happen to find a spare piece of land, it's one of the few countries where even subtle, keep your head down type wild camping is frowned upon big style. Enjoy.
geordy paul

Post by geordy paul »

we had a family holiday in holland a couple of years ago
in the campervan no on the bike.
what we found was that holland is full of campsites.lots of big ones but thousands of small ones.
it seemed that if their garden was big enough they would turn it into a campsite.especially near tourist areas.
i cant help with your destination, but i would be happy to just set off and find somewhere. sometimes thats the only way to find that little gem.
if thats not for you there are lots of good camping guides out there.
our favourites are the "cool camping" series.
paul
I of the strom

Post by I of the strom »

Thanks for the replies. I started the thread having waited for responses from a number of sites and, low and behold, today I get a response from my first choice site (Hunzepark in Gasselternijveen). It will cost 15 euros/person/night. Not bad as Holland is dearer than here but the facilities are far superior than you'd expect to find in the UK. Will also be well located to see Northern Holland, part of Germany and, the Dutch GP at Assen. Result. Thanks again. Brian
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

There is a beautiful site right at the side of the Race track,we just turned up and it was no problem.
Sorry cant remember the name try google earth

Return to “TRAVEL”