Norway Tips

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Heff

Re: Norway Tips

Post by Heff »

You mention camping, are you travelling in a group or alone?

I done Norway about 2010, must get back at some point.

We had 4 in our group planning to camp where possible, but soon found that it was cheaper for the 4 of us to share a 'Hytte" or cabin than pitch 4 tents. You then have a solid roof, electric, heating cooking facilities etc, so a no brainer.

Plan for all weathers as said, and dont expext to cover big miles each day. You"ll be hard pushed to cover 200 as there is so much to see, your average speed will be lower. Go with the coffee cup offer, very good value and most fuel stations have an eatery, so you wont go hungry.

Be prepared for the expense.

Enjoy
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

Thanks for all the replies guys, some great info to digest there. I'm not into long high speed days anymore so planning to just take my time etc

Will send you a pm qcnr.

It will be a solo trip, so it seems camping is the cheaper option with the "huts" next in line.

Has anyone used the ferry from Emshaven, Holland to Kristiansand to cut out Denmark?
Monster

Post by Monster »

www.visitnorway.com ... is a great website

Years back I wrote a report of a trip ... published in ABR magazine #7

Enjoy
If a Hammer don't fix it - you have an electrical problem
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Bart1 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:27 pm
Has anyone used the ferry from Emshaven, Holland to Kristiansand to cut out Denmark?
Yes, you will be glad you took it.
I drove my car, but even so N Germany and Denmark are f&#king boring (driven many times) unless you want to stop and see places there.
You also arrive in Kristiansand at 09:00 which is brilliant. Even if it seems expensive, you still need a ferry from DK to N
unless going to Oslo. And there will be fuel cost and possible an overnight stay to factor in if not going from Eemshaven.
Do it. Do it. Do it. :D

Return to “TRAVEL”