pyrenees motorbike ban.....

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Tramp

pyrenees motorbike ban.....

Post by Tramp »

https://www.advrider.com/track-road-clo ... -pyrenees/

yes this is the area around Espot etc the area we all love ...can anyone confirm as its surely a death blow.
Godspeed

Re: pyrenees motorbike ban.....

Post by Godspeed »

I was thinking of going onwards the end of October. I wonder if I can get away with using my scooter… it’s quiet and doesn’t come up on the list of banned vehicles
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
dave h

Post by dave h »

I shall also be over that way mid October,

street legal exhaust ,

we shall see,

dave.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

It amazes me that the motorcycle aftermarket has been able to get away with flogging illegal equipment for so long...and people have been dumb enough to use it in sensitive areas.
I think people came to appreciate quiet during lockdown, and are now less than impressed with bloody idiots roaring around.
It's probably too late to do anything now other than buy an electric bicycle.
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

I live in Brighton not too far from the seafront, quite often working from home I hear an exhaust that makes my teeth rattle. Previously I lived far too near the M25, a sports bike with a through pipe (or any Harley that has had a 'stage') is only a thing of beauty if you're riding it, to everyone else it's just a regret they never had sniper training. I had a horse actually shit itself coming across my CCM, even with ear plugs I'm fed up with the noise after an hrs riding. Loud pipes may possibly save lives ,but they certainly cause tinnitus & p*ss off everybody else :(
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Will be down at Sort not far from Espot next week with the French lads, so will let you guys know .
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

Most of the trails in the national park have been closed for years but people still use them. The linked report suggests that you can't even cross the park boundaries. I find that hard to believe as there are main roads, towns and villages in the area. We haven't ridden the area for years.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Apparently Germany has banned motorcycles from some Alpine areas on certain days...not sure how that applies to people who actually live in those areas.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

My previous posts on here , condemning the noisy little basttterds seemed to be ignored, but these recent posts seem to appreciate the non appreciation of blatant blasted ruckus from these inconsiderate millennial, probably, on 2 stroke fun machines stolen from hard working responsible motorcyclists who actually own a license.

This can only mean that the asbo problem has got appreciably worse. Probably due to covid lockdowns and piss taking government partying.

These modern young hooligans, who have never worked in their life, never punished in school or accosted by the police, feel entitled to take your machine, trash it around illegal trails, causing mayhem and grief to those nice rambling people on a quiet day out ... yes those trf bastatds got a lot to answer for.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I was at Southport a few weeks ago & some of the bikes that arrived near the carousel where the bike meet is were bloody loud you could here them coming 200yds away, also I was at Wray Classic bike meet a month ago & that seems to attract more than it’s fair share of noisy pillocks I like a fruity exhaust on a bike or car, but they’ve got louder recently I think, especially cruisers they can’t be nice to ride making that noise, & don’t get me started on the Fiesta pop, spit, bang bang, brigade :D :D
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***

Return to “TRAVEL”