Hungary Vignettes?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Godspeed

Hungary Vignettes?

Post by Godspeed »

After Vienna I’m considering a quick (relatively on a 125) blast across to Budapest but it looks like there are lots of roads other than the motorways that require a vignette.

Does anyone have experience of having/not having one?
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Saint rob

Re: Hungary Vignettes?

Post by Saint rob »

At €5.90 for a 10 day and €10.07 for a 1 month e-vignette, it’s not even worth the risk of getting caught and a fine
Current bikes: XT1200ZE, MT01, XV750se, TRS 300RR, Scorpa factory 300- still mine despite some thieving scum bag bastard currently having possession of it
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

I was definitely leaning that way anyway but just wondered if it was easy to not use the toll roads
The Meandering Moustache

Saint rob

Post by Saint rob »

It's peace of mind really, knowing that there's not likely to be a letter on your doormat when you get home because you've accidentally strayed onto a road you shouldn't be on without a vignette.
Apparently you get a 60 minutes grace period to buy one if you haven't got one and you do stray though. I'm just going to get one in July when I go so that it's one less thing to think about
Current bikes: XT1200ZE, MT01, XV750se, TRS 300RR, Scorpa factory 300- still mine despite some thieving scum bag bastard currently having possession of it
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I drove through Switzerland in a hire car once without a vignette (due to my own error) and wouldn't do it again. I had about a month of worry when I got back, waiting for an enormous fine to arrive in the post everyday, which thankfully it didn't.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Yeh got one now so I can ride all over the place 😂😂😂
The Meandering Moustache

Saint rob

Post by Saint rob »

After you are done in Budapest it’s only a short hop down to lake Balaton, well worth a few days around there if you have the time. There’s a ferry across the lake about 1/2 way along and then you can head back towards Graz to make it a circular route. Interesting castle in Sumeg and some good thermal springs towards the bottom end of the lake on the topside.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Saint rob wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:15 pm After you are done in Budapest it’s only a short hop down to lake Balaton, well worth a few days around there if you have the time. There’s a ferry across the lake about 1/2 way along and then you can head back towards Graz to make it a circular route. Interesting castle in Sumeg and some good thermal springs towards the bottom end of the lake on the topside.
Great suggestions, thanks. Will definitely have a look 👍
The Meandering Moustache

Return to “TRAVEL”