Traveling through France to Spain

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Mickdb1

Traveling through France to Spain

Post by Mickdb1 »

I know I am not quite as daft as I look but could the knowledgeable on here give me direction before I give up travel.
All I want to do is get on tunnel ( sorted that with the requirements for enty to France ) Then drive to Spain. Thats the questionable bit
I believe I do not need to fill in the SPTH form as that is for entry by Plane or Ferry
I have looked all over for 3 fxxxxxn hrs = please dont say look at the GOV site or Spain site or N322
Do I just carry a certificate of vacination and a QR code for all me jabs - and thats it ??????????????????????????????????????????????????? :mrgreen:
advice and pisstake welcome
Thanks if you KNOW OWT :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
Scott_rider

Re: Traveling through France to Spain

Post by Scott_rider »

We are also going to Spain on the bikes in June and have got confused over what we need to take... :roll: .
As far as I can see, as long as a traveller from the UK can satisfy the entry requirements for getting into France AND then that traveller goes overland into Spain...you only need to bring 1 of the following 3 to get into Spain

1) .a document certifying you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19

2). documentation certifying that you have undertaken a diagnostic test and tested negative within 48 hours of entering Spain if using a COVID-19 nucleic acid amplification test - NAAT (PCR or similar), or 24 hours if using an antigen test

3). a medical document certifying that you have recovered from COVID-19 within the 6 months before travel

I think that's right??
The requirements are different if travelling to Spain by air or by ferry, I believe.
Last edited by Scott_rider on Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

I get great comfort in your reply pal, at least its not just me !!
You would think that the tourist boards of the respective countries would make it simple to understand for the average (or nearly average) traveller
Cheers and you and yer mates have a great trip. We go next week - unless they change owt again :mrgreen:

gbags

Post by gbags »

That COVID news is clear, thanks.

What about visas and docs for the bike? I read today that we need an International Driving License. Does anyone have any news?
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Mickdb1 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:01 pm
You would think that the tourist boards of the respective countries would make it simple to understand for the average (or nearly average) traveller
100% agree with that. There are far too many words about the entry requirements on most of the websites. I understand that 'they' need to disclose the fully requirements but surely they could produce a 'light' version with just the bullet points? I often give up reading halfway through... :roll:
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I don’t know if you have seen this website or not, I found it really useful when I was travelling in the EU in 2019 as it updated regularly. https://reopen.europa.eu/en/map/ESP/7011
It appears the UK have signed up to this. https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-tra ... -countries
Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

Thank you Jak
I had missed that site. I have read so many confusing sites and opinions. My head hurt last night :mrgreen:

Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

gbags wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:08 pm That COVID news is clear, thanks.

What about visas and docs for the bike? I read today that we need an International Driving License. Does anyone have any news?
I always have taken my UK driving licence, Insurance doc on paper, MOT cert and Log book V5. I now also have the insurance in an email attachment
3 year ago I got took to a Spanish police station because my insurance company had put the wrong reg into the ASKMID database
My docs were ok but PC Pedro was having none of it and shown me the ASKMID site. = to be fair to him it was showing
NO INSURANCE ON THIS VEHICLE . My docs were all printed ok but he didn't believe me - " That's just a piece of Paper" said the little bugger. as luck had it the station PC saw that on my 6 wheel policy my 2 bikes were showing insured so hey let us go. Pedro was talking confiscation of car and a court appearance next day.
SO BEFORE YOU TRAVEL AND /OR AFTER YOUR INSURANCE STARTS EVERY YEAR CHECK ITS ALL OK ON HERE https://ownvehicle.askmid.com/
I do have a french and Spanish "international licence" (maybe run out now) but they are not needed according to the Brits Abroad website.
Have a great trip all

Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

The site that Jak shared is a helpful source. As noted, in summary, bring your UK COVID-19 vaccination record, or things could get more complicated. Also some good points about checking and bringing bike docs etc.

On driving licences, if you are coming on holiday currently you can continue to use your UK licence without the need for an international driving permit for visits of up to 3 months. If that changes at any point, you can get an international permit (its not a licence and needs to be used in conjunction with your UK licence) for about a fiver at the Post Office. But for now, not needed.

Also - this cut from Gov.UK:

If you’re transiting through Spain (This section also covers travelling overland to Spain)

If you are transiting Spain by air from the UK on the way to your final destination you are not subject to testing requirements. However, everyone (including children under 12 years old) must fill in and sign an online Health Control Form no more than 48 hours prior to travel. Spain’s land borders are open, but there may be travel restrictions, border controls and testing requirements depending on the country you are travelling from. Overland travellers from France (excluding children under the age of 12 years old) may need to show one of these documents to enter Spain by road or rail:
    • a document certifying you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19
    • documentation certifying that you have undertaken a diagnostic test and tested negative within 48 hours of entering Spain if using a COVID-19 nucleic acid amplification test - NAAT (PCR or similar), or 24 hours if using an antigen test
    • a medical document certifying that you have recovered from COVID-19 within the 6 months before travel
    • Haulage workers, frontier workers and residents of border regions within a radius of 30km are exempt from needing to show documents certifying they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, have tested negative prior to crossing the border or recovered from the virus 6 months prior to travel, if travelling from France and entering Spain by road or rail.
    Check FCDO travel advice for France for further information.

While these testing requirements do not apply to overland travellers from Portugal, Andorra and Gibraltar, travel into Spain from all locations may be limited. Border controls at the Portugal land border with Spain have been lifted. See FCDO travel advice for Portugal.

If you are travelling to Spain via Gibraltar, check the latest entry and testing requirements and FCDO travel advice for Gibraltar.

Only other thing to note is that face masks are still required in many situations, including outdoors where social distancing is not possible. Indeed people here have got quite used to them, so don´t forget to bring a supply as you will need them.

Oh, and have a great trip!
    Pat
Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

Todays update on tunnel procedure
Book TUNNEL CROSSING and fill in API as normal
Download a Cert of Honour print off - fill in - take a photo of it and submit it back to them as a PDF file
Download Covid cert for TRAVEL submit as a PDF file too

You get a conformation COMPLETE from eurotunnel

TAKE BOTH FORMS/CERTS WITH YOU AS YOU MAY BE ASKED FOR THEM
Turn up at tunnel no one looked at owt other than my passport ( GET IT STAMPED )

In Rouen at mo on me way to me mates 8hrs further south in France
THEN SPAIN A DAY OR SO AFTER woo hooo
HTHY ALL :mrgreen:

Return to “TRAVEL”