Post by moto al »

sadly i can see wild camping being stopped in SCOTLAND
IMG_E2201.JPG
IMG_E2201.JPG (103.23 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
moto al
Oop North John

Re: wild camping

Post by Oop North John »

When people are camping a few feet from the road it it's not exactly what I'd call "wild" is it?

If it is banned hopefully it'll be say, "100m from the nearest track / road / footpath / car park / house" to be classified as ok.
NeilM

Post by NeilM »

I was on Mull in the first week of June and it was understandably pretty quiet, until I got to the area of Calgary Bay where people have taken to 'wild camping', mostly because there is a toilet block there... as well as the spectacular silver sand beach.

The place was packed, it was like a normal camp site in August, and the bins were stuffed full of rubbish so it was not just a few overnighters.

By comparison I made a local trip to Cornwall a fortnight ago and did an overnight in a camp site just outside Bude (Noteworthy Farm, £7.00 a pitch without electricity) and I was the only tent on the site.

I'll happily pay seven quid for a bit of space, rather than be packed in like sardines for free.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

As soon as the airports are open and popular destinations are on the amber list they will all sell their campers and clear off to Spain.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

Return to “TRAVEL”