A new problem has appeared.

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Elmer J Fudd

Re: A new problem has appeared.

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

[/quote]

Aye its Beith we are moving to. I apologise in advance! (Crosstourer & SpeedTwin) Unfortunately my work banned bikes from the carpark (health and safety) and would need to park in an external one, and thats a no - no in the city for me!
[/quote]

Beith isn't so bad, I have friends there. Come to think of it most of them moved away...... :lol:

The beer festival was cancelled this year but is usually good fun.

I park my bike in the street in Glasgow, but do use a lock, depends where you are though. We are lucky being opposite the Unite union offices which seem to have an inordinate amount of smokers, usually standing outside, to probably put off the thieves.

Back to the thread...

It is always those who do wrong that tar the rest with their brush, but cyclist do puzzle me. The same people who complain about the way they are treated are the ones cycling on footpaths and running red lights. A colleague once boasted that his cycling club never broke the rules and complained about van drivers, then proceeded to cycle in one morning the wrong way down a one way street outside the office and bumped up on the pavement to avoid a car, nearly hitting me. When asked why he said, "I wasn't wearing my club stuff so I don't care...."
gazxt1200z

Post by gazxt1200z »

I have no problem if they all rode in single file,i don't care if the highway code states you can ride 2 abreast when you see 2 cyclists side by side doing 5mph chatting to each other without a care in the world,causing massive tailbacks and they are so wide most vehicles have to go on the other side of the road to overtake them which could be an accident waiting to happen if this isn't selfish i don't know what is,and it won't be them that gets involved in the accident,if you are not selfish ride in single file,simple.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

That’s what pees me off up the Yorkshire Dales when they ride nattering merrily away stop at a bloody cafe & have a natter like the rest of us do,!
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

I'll own up to be a keen cyclist ( road & trail) as well as motorcyclist.

Road positioning is an interesting topic on both - if you ride in the gutter, there is always a car, van or lorry who tries to squeeze past, cutting in too close, risking pushing you into kerb/hedge/fall off under rear wheels etc.

So anybody asking me to ride in the kerb can fuck right off now.

However, I cannot understand why hobby cyclists (as opposed to commuter cyclists) would choose to ride on roads heavy with traffic.
I try to stick to lesser used roads where possible, much more enjoyable.

The cyclists who ride two abreast are selfish ( the possible exception being if they are "shielding " a youngster) and putting themselves at unnecessary risk.

Cyclists riding in big groups are a selfish irritant, but that said, I always give them at least 2 metres clearance.

We live on a very crowded island, traffic density is increasing and road surface quality is decreasing, all road users need to understand the vulnerability of pedestrians and cyclists and remember that both were around before the car.

Tolerance is much needed on our road systems.

Now get out of my way!! :lol:

Return to “TRAVEL”