Campsites in Spain?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
spangle

Re: Campsites in Spain?

Post by spangle »

Oop North John wrote:France is going to be on the UK list of countries you have to quarantine after visiting according to the BBC.
...& we on theirs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gbags

Post by gbags »

Tonibe63 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:07 am What bike are you on Jak?
I prefer The Picos to the Pyrenees. Maybe head for the lake at Riano, up to Potes (get supplies), turn off for Fonte de then find the trail up over the mountain to Sotres, plenty of areas to wild camp plus a few refuges up there (thanks Tramp for the headsup). At Sotres you can then head up over the top to Tresviso, it's like a moonscape up there. It is a dead end road but there is a former trail towards the N261 (not ridden it myself but Tramp may know it). If not the road back to Las Arenas and on to Panes is fantastic. Timewise I would allow a full day.
We were 2up on a 1200gs which was hard going at times but doable and didn't drop it.
Hi Toni,
What mapping are you looking at to find these little trails? Can you suggest a good paper map to pore over before going down to the Satnav?
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I usually look for info on forums (abr or adv), then look on YouTube and finally look on google maps. I do all my research on the internet/youtube these days including walking holidays.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

Return to “TRAVEL”