Spain back on lock down list...

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Tramp

Spain back on lock down list...

Post by Tramp »

Just seen uk government reimpossed 14 quarentine on returning holiday makers from spain.... If your on a bike cross over into France so avoiding the return burucratic fuck up.... Tui have cancelled all holidays too again.... Bf will be next after just restarting the service to santander and bilbao.....
Oop North John

Re: Spain back on lock down list...

Post by Oop North John »

Going to be a lot of travel mayhem in the next year I reckon :(
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

My trip to Santander in June got cancelled, could have rescheduled for September but I’ve given up on that, let’s see what happens next year.
At least Wales is now open.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Doesn't suprise me one little bit, it seems money is more important than lives.
one-legged adventurer
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

A lottery to travel anywhere for a bit or an excuse to stay away if your hardcore perhaps. Lots of stuff getting booked up here in Wales if your thinking and a crack down on "wild camping"
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

bikenav wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:11 am A lottery to travel anywhere for a bit or an excuse to stay away if your hardcore perhaps. Lots of stuff getting booked up here in Wales if your thinking and a crack down on "wild camping"
We've managed to get 3 nights booked on a small site near Abersoch for mid week but no chance of a pitch for a weekend. If it looks unsafe when we get there we will just turn around and head home but we're almost expecting it to shutdown at any time.
I asked a mate (who is a GP) recently what his thoughts are regarding how well things are going and his reply was "ask me next spring and we might have more of an idea".
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

I feel very sorry for those folks who conrorm to the guidence and act responsibly who yet again have to suffer for selfish people...

But again the English and dare I say UK government's are wrong in their action... A simple mandatory covid 19 test in return to uk at airports or ports with stay at home for 48 hours till results in would work better...

Don't mention the press for blowing it all out of proportions.... They like creating hysteria where non exists....
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

boboneleg wrote:Doesn't suprise me one little bit, it seems money is more important than lives.
Agreed Bob

Only way to stop this virus is to reduce movement and transmission between hosts

No host = No transmission and virus cannot survive

Quite Simple really

Stay local and stay alert, but many are too selfish and believe it’s about ME and not about You
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

ok, here we go....devil’s advocate time. I’ll probably get flamed.

Why would anyone have booked to go anywhere outside the UK so soon. It seemed obvious there was going to be problems so sit it out and see how things pan out first.

Any govt has to react to the situation as quickly or as best it can.
Don’t know what it’s like now but testing anywhere still isn’t very accurate but isolation just keeps you out of the infection loop.

If people are travelling on original pre covid bookings, fair enough, you have my sympathy but everyone needs to think straight here. Covid hasn’t gone away!
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Tramp wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:07 am I feel very sorry for those folks who conrorm to the guidence and act responsibly who yet again have to suffer for selfish people...

But again the English and dare I say UK government's are wrong in their action... A simple mandatory covid 19 test in return to uk at airports or ports with stay at home for 48 hours till results in would work better...

Don't mention the press for blowing it all out of proportions.... They like creating hysteria where non exists....
I agree but i don,t know the science behind it all and wether you can produce a negative test result and develop the virus you have been carrying shortly afterwards hence the 14 day quarantine.

Return to “TRAVEL”