Spain back on lock down list...

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Tonibe63

Re: Spain back on lock down list...

Post by Tonibe63 »

Alan .... our Sons wedding was cancelled for 4th April but they finally got married on 26th July with only 20 of us attending the ceremony and then had a few drinks/snacks around their house in '2 distinct family bubbles' to protect ourselves. Very strange and not what we had planned but it wasn't total lockdown. It's worth noting that we all live atleast 5 miles outside the fabled Leicester lockdown zone which at the time was the first in the UK.
Like you say everything is very fluid and I hope things ease enough for you to attend the wedding, there is always hope. My Mum was rushed in to hospital on Saturday and was quickly diagnosed with cancer which needed emergency surgery. Despite the rules about no visitors I was allowed (wearing a mask but twice challenged about why are you in the building) to see her to discuss her options so that she could give consent for surgery, fill out the DNR forms and say our goodbyes. So there are situations that change the blanket rules. Thankfully she has survived the surgery although there is a long road ahead.
Keep the Faith ;)
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Tonibe63 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:41 am Alan .... our Sons wedding was cancelled for 4th April but they finally got married on 26th July with only 20 of us attending the ceremony and then had a few drinks/snacks around their house in '2 distinct family bubbles' to protect ourselves. Very strange and not what we had planned but it wasn't total lockdown. It's worth noting that we all live atleast 5 miles outside the fabled Leicester lockdown zone which at the time was the first in the UK.
Like you say everything is very fluid and I hope things ease enough for you to attend the wedding, there is always hope. My Mum was rushed in to hospital on Saturday and was quickly diagnosed with cancer which needed emergency surgery. Despite the rules about no visitors I was allowed (wearing a mask but twice challenged about why are you in the building) to see her to discuss her options so that she could give consent for surgery, fill out the DNR forms and say our goodbyes. So there are situations that change the blanket rules. Thankfully she has survived the surgery although there is a long road ahead.
Keep the Faith ;)
What a horrible time for you. Very best wishes to your Mum. Hopefully that surgery has done the trick.

My mum's basically alone in her house in Weymouth, with just deliveries of tesco food which I arrange from here in France (wonderful service) and the occasional chat through the window with my sister. Otherwise she's been out twice for a very short walk in 5 months. She has very overdue cataract eye surgery which has been indefinitely postponed, plus neck and hip problems. And getting quite depressed at home alone. It's a bad time for those who are really shielding properly, not made any better psychologically by those who could stay in to help people like her but insist on gathering in large groups and keeping the virus in circulation.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Basque authorities admit they are experiencing a second coronavirus wave and another town in Castilla y León has been placed in confinement due to a surge in cases.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Alan.... I think the world has gone to hell... My farther spent from October to late June down in Malaga... Wasn't nice where his words.

I think the safest place is on top of a bloody high mountain at moment... The general populous has no idea and maybe this is the modern equivalent of the plague... Its going to get bloody ugly this autumn onwards....

Take care.
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

AlanHolt wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:37 pm Basque authorities admit they are experiencing a second coronavirus wave and another town in Castilla y León has been placed in confinement due to a surge in cases.
Just knocked my planned trip to Northern Spain due at the end of the month, Brittany have re booked us for the end of August next year - lets hope that we all can get back to as close to normal by then and hopefully before
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

I can't vouch for this news agency, it was shared by a friend, but it sounds as though Spain is heading towards another full lockdown.

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/08/ ... night/amp/
Current bike is a Yamaha T7

Return to “TRAVEL”