France as off Monday 15th June 2020

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Tramp

France as off Monday 15th June 2020

Post by Tramp »

Okay so I'm never one to follow rules and been told what I can't do pisses me right off... So on the 15th or there abouts we climbed aboard our jin Palace aka the motorhome and crossed over into France via the tunnel... Not knowing what to expect... Would they lock us up or give us big Galic hugs and kisses...

Well the UK customs didn't give a shit the French said Bonjour and have a nice holiday, so we've been trundling around the North of France stopping everywhere we could sampling the wine etc..

The school kids are all back running around screaming as only kids do and should be doing..

Everywhere has hand cleaner so use it and respect the elderly as they are such a laugh.

The supermarkets have no restrictions unlike ours.. The bars and restaurants are in full swing shoulder to shoulder in some.. No masks apart from waitors.. Laughter and nice girls abound... Slap off wifey.

The roads are as normal and the Belgium and Germans have arrived but very very few from England... The rest of UK is still in dark ages... You only have to wear a mask in supermarkets if you want to and the small shops... Minimum distance is 1mtr that's a hugs length or closer... Seen lots giving kisses and hugs...

So get your sorry assses over hear and enjoy yourself as life really hasn't ended.... Well it has in UK.

Please don't berate me it's my choice but thought some may want to know what it's like over here.... The moto guys are out too... We English really are a novalty over here at moment...

Their really is no trace of covid 19 shit, it has happened and good people died but life moves on if you let it...
Agent Orange

Re: France as off Monday 15th June 2020

Post by Agent Orange »

Thank you very much for that, as long as its not a spoof :shock:
I am due to go to France in my T5 end of July. Wifey is not planning lol
But you have given me hope and a bit of ammo to fight the wife with

Vive la France :mrgreen:
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Interesting, ...................we do still have two weeks of self hibernation upon return, I get the feeling that's got a limited lifespan of June hopefully
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Spoof... How dare you dowt me...
IMG_20200618_140413.jpg
IMG_20200618_140413.jpg (107.65 KiB) Viewed 2707 times
IMG_20200618_115224.jpg
IMG_20200618_115224.jpg (129.81 KiB) Viewed 2707 times
And as for stay at home for 14 days I'm a key worker so exempt.... But the recuirements will end very soon see news today.... Macron told buffon Boris to man up yesterday....

But the French are staying at home this year as they are afraid of getting stuck in a horrible foreign country......
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

I'm not sure which bit of the UK you left but the Southwest hasn't had an empty beach or lay-by for a few weeks now.

I had work in Budleigh Salterton, Devon today and there was a party on the beach, the cafes were all open for take-aways and the galleries and trinket shops were doing business. That's in an area with one of the higher average age populations.

Maybe it all changed on the 15th as that was the first day the entry restrictions changed for UK-France travel.
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Good on you Tramp, good on you :D

Enjoy, make memories and come back smiling :mrgreen:

Steve T

8-)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Trust you to let everybody know our secret 8-)
HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

Ok interesting,

Was looking at heading out sometime in July as I surmise that the 2 week Quarantine will be lifted then?, the issue is obtaining up to date information as some Governement links are as clear as mud with far to much interpretation thrown in, a vast amount of folks are going with 2 week quarantine both in France and on return which is unworkable for 99.9% , are Hotels and B and B taking bookings from tourist currently?. I have toured in a Camper myself and I think it will cut down on a hell of a lot of restrictions however a vast majority of regular visitors would need accomodation.

I see Holland didn't seem to have any Government advice ref Quarantine (I believe) when one arrives and I was flirting with Harwich-Hook which I have never used before but prices are coming in steep.

Of course the cynic in me thinks the Government "may" wait until a vast majority of folks have given up on a foreign holiday in 2020 and booked Hotels and campsites in the UK to keep the cash here for the Summer as a boost to the economy before any restrictions are eased :ugeek: .

Ref the South east, it seems much like the South west, every beauty spot is rammed and most car parks in and around wooded areas such as Epping forest are totally full, far worse than you would see on a any bank Holiday in my opinion, it has got so bad with over crowding that they have painted double red route no parking lines on every country lane leading into the Forest, god knows how much that cost??.

Regards
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Civilization at le touquet... Coffee au lait avec plus coissants.. And a memory coin..
IMG_20200622_103332.jpg
IMG_20200622_103332.jpg (185.16 KiB) Viewed 2438 times
IMG_20200622_105242.jpg
IMG_20200622_105242.jpg (91.48 KiB) Viewed 2438 times

Back to blighty tomorrow....

Return to “TRAVEL”