Would this work from Weds: anyone got a field where someone could stay for a night?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Godspeed

Would this work from Weds: anyone got a field where someone could stay for a night?

Post by Godspeed »

So the advice from the government says that we can meet one person away from our home as long as we social distance, and also travel as far as we like in England. So does anyone have fields/gardens around the country that they would be happy for peeps to travel to use??
Cool!
372ADDA1-A7AE-4A4A-B279-E5EBF462E3EA.png
372ADDA1-A7AE-4A4A-B279-E5EBF462E3EA.png (133.34 KiB) Viewed 3046 times
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Godspeed

Re: Would this work from Weds: anyone got a field where someone could stay for a night?

Post by Godspeed »

I guess thinking about it, it would need to be a field as the person camping would need to make their own toilet as you wouldn’t be able to use a house loo.
The Meandering Moustache

bill_qaz

Re: Would this work from Weds: anyone got a field where someone could stay for a night?

Post by bill_qaz »

Always bag your rubbish and take it home with you :lol: :o
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Hi Godspeed, are you asking for yourself or trying to set up some form of list for forum members?
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

Where is that advice from the Gov published in the first post, I couldn't find it.
Gov advice is still to remain at your primary residence and not to go to second homes, camp sites etc etc.

I think there will be great demand for what you're asking when things are relaxed further so it's a good time to be asking.
Yes I've a couple of option that would suit the wild campers.
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

A good idea for solo occupancy but the real problem is the local curtain twitches and local busy bodies not wanting strangers in there little clean area or village.... We had police out twice on Friday as strange cars in village..... Daft buggers got lost following Sat navs... Delivering amazon prime parcels..

Peoples paranoia is everywhere these days... But as a little bolt hole to rest the mind of tired NHS workers it's great idea...
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Yeh, I was just thinking aloud really. It says that we are allowed to meet someone else as long as we socially distance, but that we are also not supposed to stay anywhere, so I wondered if the limitation would be of riding would be that you have to get home at the end of the day. Hence, could you wild camp on someone’s field....
The Meandering Moustache

Tramp

Post by Tramp »

I reccon you could ride a long way if stuck to the back roads.... Yes I'm a bad boy but I did 200mls on Saturday stuck to back roads stopped for a brew and butty and said hello to cyclists and horsey folks... All was well in my little world... I was working on a customers suspension first but that was 50 miles away...

It felt like riding in France the roads where so empty... The little village shops where open even a few road side cafes....... North through Shropshire then across Derbyshire to the badlands of Norfolk before dipping your toes in the Eden of England that's Kent before cutting west across the south to home.... Sounds passable... Plenty of woods enrouute..
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Tramp wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:25 pm I reccon you could ride a long way if stuck to the back roads.... Yes I'm a bad boy but I did 200mls on Saturday stuck to back roads stopped for a brew and butty and said hello to cyclists and horsey folks... All was well in my little world... I was working on a customers suspension first but that was 50 miles away...

It felt like riding in France the roads where so empty... The little village shops where open even a few road side cafes....... North through Shropshire then across Derbyshire to the badlands of Norfolk before dipping your toes in the Eden of England that's Kent before cutting west across the south to home.... Sounds passable... Plenty of woods enrouute..
From Wednesday it won’t even be naughty 👍
The Meandering Moustache

dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Godspeed you have a PM.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG

Return to “TRAVEL”