Multistrada V VanVan

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Godspeed

Re: Multistrada V VanVan

Post by Godspeed »

daveuprite wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:45 pm Nice video. Mainly because it isn't judgmental. It's not trying to say "look, a great big expensive bike being matched by a little cheap bike" - which would be a simplistic and pointless interpretation. It celebrates the virtues of both bikes.

The multistrada can tour whole continents at speed, and do a bit of dirt too. The van van provides cheap low-power fun on and off-road. Both are brilliant and both are limited. Neither is winner or loser. Perhaps the comparison is pointless in itself, but it's fun to see two bikers on two entirely different machines enjoying themselves regardless.
Perfect! 👍
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Trevor Twobikes

Post by Trevor Twobikes »

Sandbike.JPG
Sandbike.JPG (165.28 KiB) Viewed 1142 times
My 74 Sandbike bought it new from Monty and Ward of Edenbridge and still have it. 35000+ miles and no rebore!
In reality they don't go and they don't stop. The VanVan is a better bike.

Trevor
Trevor Twobikes

Post by Trevor Twobikes »

Further to may previous post.

I ran the bike for four years until I wised up and got a car with a heater - no more frozen fingers.
When the bike was about two years old the flywheel could be lifted up and down 1 mm. Not knowing much about bikes I decided to split
the engine to replace the crankshaft bearing. Putting the engine case in a heated oven and wrapping the bearing in foil and putting that in the fridge. I thought that would help refitting the new bearing. In the event it made no difference to the play. My thinking is that the crankshaft was not
machined correctly.

The 6 volt headlight bulbs that are available today are not of the same quality as in the seventies blowing after a few miles - indeed, when it was MOT time I would not switch the lights on so that I could depend on them working when the tester checked them. The bike has been sorned for
15 yrs but I think it may be time to get it back on the road - No road tax and no MOT required. Happy days!

Trevor

Return to “TRAVEL”