Post Coronovirus, Will we be Welcome as Travellers?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Post Coronovirus, Will we be Welcome as Travellers?

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

You can 'reopen tourism' all you like...but when will people feel it is safe to travel again?
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

That will depend on the type of tourism, the independent type of traveller who move around will be more cautious, but the mass market and stag do package holiday traveller is likely to throw caution to the wind for the sake of a few days on the beer in a resort location
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Cruise ship bookings are supposedly very healthy for 2021.
There is an endless supply of knuckle draggers who will go full on-100%-in your face-party-Idiot as soon as they get a sniff of things easing off, in fact there are plenty who never stopped
Its a trick............get an Axe
flamair

Post by flamair »

I for one will be touring asap.

I might get diagnosed with cancer in 6 months and given 3 months to live. Why would I not take every opportunity to explore the world. The risks of Covid are vastly overstated. Certainly if you have serious health issues you are better off at home. But for those who are healthy the risks are small. Statistically your chances of getting cancer are much higher. And 80% of cancer suffers are not generally asymptomatic or suffer mild symptoms.

Sitting at home and waiting to die of boredom and worry is not my style.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Remember, you're unique!

(Just like everyone else)
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

flamair wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:47 pm I might get diagnosed with cancer in 6 months and given 3 months to live. Why would I not take every opportunity to explore the world. The risks of Covid are vastly overstated. Certainly if you have serious health issues you are better off at home. But for those who are healthy the risks are small. Statistically your chances of getting cancer are much higher. And 80% of cancer suffers are not generally asymptomatic or suffer mild symptoms.
With you there brother
flamair wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:47 pm Sitting at home and waiting to die of boredom and worry is not my style.
You & me both

Steve T

8-)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Not on cruise ships I hope
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Reading the BBC website pages last night, there were strong indications that certainly France and Spain will not be in a hurry to welcome Visitors from the UK because of the slow approach taken to lockdown, and the lack of control in people staying at home. The lack of testing and latest indecision in the UK over the mandatory wearing of face masks in public, unlike our European neighbours isn't going to help matters either. France and Spain begin their limited unlock on May 11, the opening of Beaches and Holiday resorts won't be until July with no notice of when Restaurants/ Bars are likely to open.

With all that in mind I am doubtful they will open their borders to us before August, and being a French Homeowner stuck here, that's a grim prospect !! :?
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Can't say I blame em, I'm normaly very anti-restrictions and pro-freedom but have come to realise we have a huge of supply of morons in this country who aren't capable of making a safety analysis for themselves couple this with a government more concerned with appearing to be in control than actually making tough decisions and we have a right balls up, our so called lock down has not been enforced one little bit in my town, havn't seen plod in a month.......the second wave is going to be devastating in this country.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Asgard wrote:Can't say I blame em, I'm normaly very anti-restrictions and pro-freedom but have come to realise we have a huge of supply of morons in this country who aren't capable of making a safety analysis for themselves couple this with a government more concerned with appearing to be in control than actually making tough decisions and we have a right balls up, our so called lock down has not been enforced one little bit in my town, havn't seen plod in a month.......the second wave is going to be devastating in this country.
Talking to a lady on the Tesco checkout- she said the Police need to enforce lockdown

She said she sees the same ‘town faces’ coming in too buy 2-3 items, up to 4 times a day and six days a week and are taking no notice of restrictions

A farce
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
flamair

Post by flamair »

Asgard wrote:Can't say I blame em, I'm normaly very anti-restrictions and pro-freedom but have come to realise we have a huge of supply of morons in this country who aren't capable of making a safety analysis for themselves couple this with a government more concerned with appearing to be in control than actually making tough decisions and we have a right balls up, our so called lock down has not been enforced one little bit in my town, havn't seen plod in a month.......the second wave is going to be devastating in this country.
Give over. There have still only been a tiny number of deaths. Still more flu deaths this year than Covid, and a lot of Covid deaths (90%+ ) have been folk with numerous serious health issues that were highly likely to die anyway or were they to contract any serious infection of any description.

The truth is that this virus is pretty awful. But it has directly killed very few folk in comparison to other health issues.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Remember, you're unique!

(Just like everyone else)

Return to “TRAVEL”