Post Coronovirus, Will we be Welcome as Travellers?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Teflon Jnr

Re: Post Coronovirus, Will we be Welcome as Travellers?

Post by Teflon Jnr »

Fuck that crazy goat with a go pro on it's back which is obviously staged.fuck Brexit as at this time that is not an important outcome the whole planet is suffering from a known disease and people are making a mockery of it by posting pictures and videos on social media to look cool.be cool and stay at fucking home stop filming bullshit videos only go out for essentials and stop adding fuel to the fire.we as a nation need to stand together obide by social distancing rules.and only go out for essentials not to see our inlaws or repair sunbeds or anything that isn't essential stay the fuck at home if we dont obide by these rules this could carry on for another 6 to 12 months
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺
flamair

Post by flamair »

Teflon Jnr wrote:Fuck that crazy goat with a go pro on it's back which is obviously staged.fuck Brexit as at this time that is not an important outcome the whole planet is suffering from a known disease and people are making a mockery of it by posting pictures and videos on social media to look cool.be cool and stay at fucking home stop filming bullshit videos only go out for essentials and stop adding fuel to the fire.we as a nation need to stand together obide by social distancing rules.and only go out for essentials not to see our inlaws or repair sunbeds or anything that isn't essential stay the fuck at home if we dont obide by these rules this could carry on for another 6 to 12 months
You are aware that the current measures aren't a cure for this? The virus will still be with us in 25 years, you seem to be under the impression that staying at home will make the virus go away. Lockdown with a virus is merely to hel protect the NHS. It won't make it go away. Rather like having someone with a painful broken leg and telling them to rest it and take paracetamol. It'll feel better on the face of it, but it isn't sorting out the fundamental issue. That issue will require a wordwide vaccine and that isn't going to happen for quite some time.. Far longer in fact than there is any hope of sticking the lockdown out for, unless of course we wish to utterly destroy every vestige of social and economic progress that has been made over the last 100 years.

It is a tough decision. Staying at home or not won't make a scrap of difference unless the death figures drop.... But, as the stats are about as reliable as the weather and are being measured in lots of different ways, they don't actually tell us anything reliably.

The reality is that going out walking,
motorcycling etc. is likely to spread the virus far less than visiting your local supermarket - which is, ironically, permitted.

A decision will have to be taken at some point. And it will have to be before a vaccine is here, unless of course they produce one in the next couple of months, which I can't see happening.

In other words, we'll be all bimbling about our business within the next few weeks or so. And the fact that the government has said it's okay won't carry any weight with the virus, one way or the other.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Remember, you're unique!

(Just like everyone else)
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Hugh wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:18 pm Greetings,

A small point to a previous contributor but not everybody goes or needs to go to hospital with Corvid-19.

I have had it and was told to stay at home, self isolate and for the pain take paracetamol. I got through but boy am I weak, ride a bike - could n't even sit on one! Nearly five weeks lost, slept for 18 hours a day for the first week, my natural self defence to illness is to sleep through it.

Stay safe, stay at home, isolate as best as you can and save lives.

TTFN

Hugh.

Crikey, Hugh,

Hope you feel better soon

Best wishes

Richard
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

flamair wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:16 pm
Teflon Jnr wrote:Fuck that crazy goat with a go pro on it's back which is obviously staged.fuck Brexit as at this time that is not an important outcome the whole planet is suffering from a known disease and people are making a mockery of it by posting pictures and videos on social media to look cool.be cool and stay at fucking home stop filming bullshit videos only go out for essentials and stop adding fuel to the fire.we as a nation need to stand together obide by social distancing rules.and only go out for essentials not to see our inlaws or repair sunbeds or anything that isn't essential stay the fuck at home if we dont obide by these rules this could carry on for another 6 to 12 months
You are aware that the current measures aren't a cure for this? The virus will still be with us in 25 years, you seem to be under the impression that staying at home will make the virus go away. Lockdown with a virus is merely to hel protect the NHS. It won't make it go away. Rather like having someone with a painful broken leg and telling them to rest it and take paracetamol. It'll feel better on the face of it, but it isn't sorting out the fundamental issue. That issue will require a wordwide vaccine and that isn't going to happen for quite some time.. Far longer in fact than there is any hope of sticking the lockdown out for, unless of course we wish to utterly destroy every vestige of social and economic progress that has been made over the last 100 years.

It is a tough decision. Staying at home or not won't make a scrap of difference unless the death figures drop.... But, as the stats are about as reliable as the weather and are being measured in lots of different ways, they don't actually tell us anything reliably.

motorcycling etc. is likely to spread the virus far less than visiting your local supermarket - which is, ironically, permitted.

A decision will have to be taken at some point. And it will have to be before a vaccine is here, unless of course they produce one in the next couple of months, which I can't see happening.

In other words, we'll be all bimbling about our business within the next few weeks or so. And the fact that the government has said it's okay won't carry any weight with the virus, one way or the other.

My understanding is that human coronavirus’ have been around for a very very long time, like the common cold, and more recently, SARS, and that they still haven’t found a vaccine for any of the existing ones. Some apparently aren’t holding out too much hope they will find a vaccine for this current one. Just hoping I, and they, are wrong. May just come down to the human body adapting to living with the virus in constant circulation, just like the common cold.
flamair

Post by flamair »

Spike941 wrote:
flamair wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:16 pm

My understanding is that human coronavirus’ have been around for a very very long time, like the common cold, and more recently, SARS, and that they still haven’t found a vaccine for any of the existing ones. Some apparently aren’t holding out too much hope they will find a vaccine for this current one. Just hoping I, and they, are wrong. May just come down to the human body adapting to living with the virus in constant circulation, just like the common cold.
Tbh that's a good point. The vast majority of folk that get Covid don't die and aren't even particularly ill. Those that are have every chance of surviving with medical treatment (hence the worry over the NHS getting swamped). The concern is the folk that have existing issues. 91% of those that have died have had 3 or more other issues.

Remember, you're unique!

Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Back to the original point:
I was reading a story about Spain’s plans for resuming life after lockdown, and it doesn’t look good, apparently they are initially expecting to allow only primary businesses such as financial and manufacturing to restart sometime around July, with other businesses such as tourism being allowed to restart towards the end of the year.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Peirre wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:09 am Back to the original point:
I was reading a story about Spain’s plans for resuming life after lockdown, and it doesn’t look good, apparently they are initially expecting to allow only primary businesses such as financial and manufacturing to restart sometime around July, with other businesses such as tourism being allowed to restart towards the end of the year.
Hi Peirre - have you got a link for that story?

Cheers, Dave
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Peirre wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:23 am The olive press via google.es
https://www.google.es/amp/s/www.theoliv ... ealed/amp/
Interesting. Thanks for sharing that. Let's see what transpires...
flamair

Post by flamair »

daveuprite wrote:
Peirre wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:09 am Back to the original point:
Hi Peirre - have you got a link for that story?

Cheers, Dave
That's interesting..

Spain has been hard hit. But I'd be willing to bet the poor buggers whose livelihood depends on tourism aren't happy with that scenario..

I think the respective governments are being understandably cautious at the moment. It may also be influenced by what other countries do.

It will be a case of 'wait and see'.

Remember, you're unique!

Return to “TRAVEL”