Ferry bookings .... Refunds ??

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Tonibe63

Re: Ferry bookings .... Refunds ??

Post by Tonibe63 »

beany wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:51 pm ferry booked in oct deposit paid, four of us was going to do the portugiese tet. passinger ferrys are cancelled till 28 june, our balance is due on the
27 june. i have been emailing bf the last one took them 9 days to reply.
I would look on https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ for anything money related, there is lots of advice on Corona virus travel issues.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Personally I would get my cash back either from a credit or debit card or the ferry company

I cannot see much travel going on in 2020

Even if you can go, it will be so different to 2019 with restrictions and closures and if the country you visit has a 2nd wave and subsequent lockdown, you might find yourself trapped or ill over there

I have scrubbed 2020 and will do something (or nothing) here and see what 2021 brings

Unemployment is going to be massive in UK - so many of us may not have a job or money to go holidaying abroad at present
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

johnnyboxer wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:23 am Personally I would get my cash back either from a credit or debit card or the ferry company
Good luck with that. We all know what law is in terms of credit and assistance etc, but they are not playing ball and are just pushing back.

When you email RBS about it with the evidence for a claim, they mail back saying thanks "we aim to respond within 21 days". They respond after about 25 asking for something or simply asking a daft spurous questions. when you reply, you've guessed it, you get the same - we aim to respond within 21 days. So they are simply stalling.

HSBC - we booked flights back in Sept to travel to the US in March. HSBS is saying that because 6 months have passed its ineligible. Despite my quoting the law at them by phone and in writing, they are simply ignoring. So I am shortly to to start small claims proceedings against HSBC.

All institutions are being walloped with claims and in the main they are simply not being paid or flatly ignored, despite what the law says.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

We were going out to Santander on 19th June and back 2 weeks later. Clearly, we're not going and accepted that we wouldn't be going several weeks ago. There are 3 of us and we've now paid in full which was £1400. We had to pay the second instalment of £700 about 6 weeks ago because at that time the boat might still have been sailing, otherwise we would have forfeited the original £700 deposit. As of today, Brittany Ferries are saying that they are not running passenger sailings and have given us a voucher to use within 2 years. We asked for a refund instead but so far there is no reply from them.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Email from AFerry today, my ticket for 4th July with Stena had been put on hold until 30th November

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
beany

Post by beany »

moved our booklng from end of august to october.next years sailings are out end of july so wiil amend for next year,that way we dont loose
our deposit.
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Should be riding down to Plymouth today to catch ferry to Santander, but we moved our crossing to late September a few weeks ago.
Announcement in the news yesterday, Spain is now open!
Bugger!
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

I was offered the credit voucher but completed the refund application on their website. About two weeks later I received confirmation, ten days later the money was refunded. This was with Brittany Ferries. I had another booking with P&O. They refunded automatically.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

BF have finally responded to my request for a cash refund, however they have refused it stating
The sailings that you originally booked are currently unaffected by any cancellations. However, in response to our passengers concerns about sailing this summer we ran an enhanced flexibility offer through the month of May, allowing passengers to cancel unaffected sailings, in exchange for a refund credit note (RCN). This is the basis for issuing you a RCN. However, that enhanced flexibility scheme was never offered as a cash refund.

The web form you used to request a cash refund is meant for passengers on sailings that were cancelled due to the pandemic, not sailings that are unaffected.

I am therefore unable to offer a cash refund in this instance, though you will be able to use your issued RCN to make a future sailing with us when you are comfortable sailing again.
This doesn’t suit me but with the 2021 sailings calendar due out soon I may have to looks at my options
Helicoptermanr22

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

Finally got all my money back for a trip booked of may. You have to keep pushing

Return to “TRAVEL”