Ferry bookings .... Refunds ??

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Peirre

Re: Ferry bookings .... Refunds ??

Post by Peirre »

The ferry was due to leave tomorrow night so technically it is still sailing, but with the pandemic effecting the other aspects of the trip I offered BF the opportunity to either refund or change it to the same date next year. I know I will be travelling around the same time next year, I probably will end up using the RCN as a return date, as I’m considering heading out via hull so I can visit the Somme on July 1st to mark the anniversary at Thiepval then meander down to the Algarve by July 15th for the faro Concentração
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

BF have published the 2021 ferry timetable for the Spanish routes. It appears that they are trying to encourage people to use their RCN’s by offering a 15% discount for early bird bookings. This was the email that I was sent.
Save up to 15% on 2021 sailings to Spain
As a valued customer we wanted to let you know that our sailings to Spain are now available to book right up until November 2021.
If that wasn’t exciting enough, we’re proud to introduce our new ship, Galicia – built especially for the Portsmouth to Santander route.

Booking early ensures you get the best choice of crossings and generally enjoy our lowest fares, plus our flexible booking options allow you to choose a ticket type to suit your travel needs. If your plans change, so can your booking.

What’s more, book by 31 July and save up to 15% on sailings to Spain when using any Refund Credit Note vouchers you may have
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

Peirre wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:53 pm BF have published the 2021 ferry timetable for the Spanish routes. It appears that they are trying to encourage people to use their RCN’s by offering a 15% discount for early bird bookings. This was the email that I was sent.
Save up to 15% on 2021 sailings to Spain
As a valued customer we wanted to let you know that our sailings to Spain are now available to book right up until November 2021.
If that wasn’t exciting enough, we’re proud to introduce our new ship, Galicia – built especially for the Portsmouth to Santander route.

Booking early ensures you get the best choice of crossings and generally enjoy our lowest fares, plus our flexible booking options allow you to choose a ticket type to suit your travel needs. If your plans change, so can your booking.

What’s more, book by 31 July and save up to 15% on sailings to Spain when using any Refund Credit Note vouchers you may have
Has anyone tried booking with an RCN? I'm not getting any discounts come up.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

I’ve booked a Bilbao > Portsmouth crossing for next July using a RCN and F&F code, but tbh I didn’t notice the discounts being applied
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Because of the re-emergence of Covid any future BF bookings I make will be flexi tickets

Return to “TRAVEL”