Ferry bookings .... Refunds ??

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Peirre

Re: Ferry bookings .... Refunds ??

Post by Peirre »

I’ve just noticed on FB a group called “Brittany Ferries refund and compensation group”

BF seem to be getting some serious flak on trustpilot, with several people saying that they are starting claims via money claim online to get their cash refunds
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French- ... ECWliNYurs

Looks like we will be getting a refund due to a change in their policy.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

AlanHolt wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:24 pm https://www.connexionfrance.com/French- ... ECWliNYurs

Looks like we will be getting a refund due to a change in their policy.
The connexions website seems to let you read the first paragraph before cutting you short and requiring you to login, but I get the gist of their change of policy
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

I received an email a few weeks ago detailing credit for the outbound sailing. Return sailing was due 10 days from now so I checked their website. It could be my reading of the statement but there's an implication at one point that you need to claim a refund/credit. To be on the safe side I did so from their contact us page.

Probably worth reading their FAQS page too.
https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/info ... ntact/form
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
smudger272

Post by smudger272 »

Got my confirmation of cancelled ferry today so have asked for another refund
Also got banned from Facebook ferry refund group because of some stupid bitch called Dee didn't like being called a comedian
We'll never mind still got one mole in there 😉😉😉
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

As all outdoor festivals, bike rallies etc in Portugal are forbidden until September. I recon the faro bike rally won’t be going ahead, so I’m looking at deferring the booking I have for early July for 1 year with a view of repeating this years trip then. But as next years sailing schedule isn’t published getting the details so I can swop won’t be easy
Monster

Post by Monster »

I received an email today and it was a reply to my request(s) for a refund instead of vouchers

Apparently my full amount is being put back on the card that I paid with very soon

We got there in the end .... hopefully we can get another booking in soon but who knows when and where and how and who and ....
If a Hammer don't fix it - you have an electrical problem
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

I was meant to be going to the Pyrenees in June, part of that was flying with BA to Toulouse and back. They cancelled the flights, I spent about 5 minutes on hold to their number and the refund was agreed readily. Should be back in the card I paid with in 3 weeks.

Well done BA for the ease of the process.
MudFing

Post by MudFing »

We made the wise choice of traveling in late february and then got completely cut-off in the mountains of Portugal when the lockdown came into effect, mad dash to get on the last ryanair flight out of Portugal, our vehicle is now sitting at Lisbon Airport and we're being quoted £2000+ to have it shipped home or we pay £300 per month airport parking to leave it sitting there. Can't go and get it as the ferry is cancelled and the borders still largely closed. On the plus side Brittany has offered me a one-way coupon...jackpot! :x
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Had a reply yesterday saying the ferry is cancelled and that i'd got a Refund Credit Note worth £317.
I'm a bit miffed as i paid in full the price of £525.
Sent them a message via their website asking about the discrepancy but like everyone else i'm waiting to hear back from them.
I can understand some admin charges might be applied but not over £200.

Return to “TRAVEL”